Chapter Six-Aggravations

Love is a Weakness- A Naruto Fan Fiction

Chapter Six: Aggravations

We made our way, slowly, to where we were suppose to meet Kakashi. I had drug my feet the whole way, hoping I wouldn’t ever make it. Naruto yelled at me multiple times, telling me to hurry up.

I think he missed the whole point on what I was doing. “Shut up, Naruto. It’s your fault I’m in this mess.” I mumbled, just loud enough for him to hear.

What once was a great morning, turned out to be a crappy. For some reason that always happened to me. The day was young, maybe it would turn out better later.

But I doubted that. Sasuke and Sakura are on my team. We had finally gotten there, 45 minutes later. It is originally a 5 minute walk. I smiled, my procrastination skills are pretty amazing.

“Finally, you two are here.” Sakura said. Somebody wants to get their butt kicked early in the morning. Naruto grabbed me, probably guessing what I was going to do. I looked at Naruto pleadingly, he only shook his head.

I sighed. “You never let me have any fun.” he just laughed, once. In a very sarcastic tone. Sasuke was staring at us like we were all idiots. Beneath him. The look in his eyes enraged me.

He knew, because he smirked at me. Oh, that arrogant jerk! Naruto, one again, held me back. “He’s mine.” he whispered in my ear.

I nodded, understanding. Naruto hated Sasuke way more than I did. “As long as I can have Sakura.” I whispered back. “Go for it.” he said aloud, for everyone to hear.

I squealed. “Thank you, Naruto!” Sasuke and Sakura glared at us. I guess it was a little early in the morning for squealing…

They could suck it up. I started making my way to Sakura. She looked at me warily. I laughed darkly in my head. Be scared, very scared.

“Just not yet.” I stopped in my tracks. What did my good-for-nothing best friend just say?! I glared at him for a few seconds and walked up to Sasuke.

He wanted to be all chummy with Sakura? Fine. Guess who’s going to be Sasuke’s new best friend?

New objective: Befriend Sasuke.

“Hey em-Sasuke!” I said warmly.  Thank God I had caught myself before calling Sasuke an emo-freak. If I wanted to be friends with him, I was going to have to be nice. Even if it kills me.

Being nice was something I wasn’t particularly good at. He also looked wary of me. Perhaps just my changed attitude. Sasuke was precautious and did a lazy head nod. This would be a whole lot easier if the guy actually talked more!

I felt like strangling him, but controlled myself. He could not see how much I despised him. That would ruin my plan. I sat down next to him and motioned for him to do the same.

He did so. But just like the other night, left a three foot space between us.  “I don’t bite, Sasuke.” I tried scooting closer, but couldn’t will myself to go more than half a foot. This is way to much work!

“Don’t get any closer to my Sasuke!” Sakura yelled at me. I giggled at her, and scooted over another inch. “Didn’t know Sasuke was property to be owned, Billboard Brow.” Her eye twitched as she started walking towards me.

“Shut up, Sakura.” Sasuke said darkly. I stared at him. As did everyone else.  Was he sticking up for me? Or just sick of Sakura’s obsession. The latter was more believable.

“Sasuke?” Sakura almost cried. Tears were welling up in her eyes.

“Man up Sakura.” I said in a bored tone. Could she seriously not take a little ‘shut up’? There is definitely something wrong with this girl. She needs to see a doctor, take medication, something.

She stormed away towards a nearby tree. Naruto followed her like a lost puppy. You could hear Sakura’s blubbering in the near distance.

Sasuke snorted. Hmm, almost forgot about him. I looked over at him. My eyes searched for something in him that may have changed. His eyes bored into mine. I ignored that and searched him. To search for a sign of an imposter, something in his stance that may give him away to be the same old jerk, that he always is.

He has changed a bit in the past few days. My eyes searched for that change. What was so different about the Uchiha? Something that almost made him desirable.

He wasn’t quite there, yet. And won’t be for years to come. In those years I would have hopefully forgotten about him. Become eloped, spit out a few kids, then divorce. No sense living in a loveless marriage! By then I would have already have become a great shinobi!

I looked away from him quickly. I couldn’t think of Sasuke like that. Desirable? What was I thinking? Desirability and the Uchiha come from two different worlds, their paths shall never meet. Not for me, anyways. He was undesirable, yes. But desirable? Now that was laughable.

Sasuke continued staring at me openly, though. Like he was also trying to find a change in me. I started picking at the grass.

“What do you want?” Sasuke asked coldly. I looked at him in surprise. All wonder from his eyes had vanished. Nothing was left but coldness. His eyes were unfeeling.

“W-what do you m-mean?” he had caught me off guard, causing me to stutter.

“Don’t play games with me Hitomi. If there is something you want, tell me now. We both know how much you hate me.” Sasuke growled. I didn’t miss even for a minute how he didn’t say he hated me.

What was he playing at? “I don’t hate you.” I whispered looking down. Making it look like I was confessing my love to him. Making it look more believable.

I reached over, placing my hand over his and look up pleadingly. “Why do you think that? I just want to be your friend.” he looked venerable. Like he actually believed me. I could tell he wanted to believe me. There was a certain needy look in his eyes at the moment. But as quickly as it came, it vanished. His face grew dark.

Sasuke ripped his hand from mine and stood up. “I don’t need friends.” the harshness in his voice almost made me cower before him. Almost.

I watched him storm off, the opposite way of Naruto and Sakura. I noted the unmistakable pain in my chest. What was wrong with me? Sasuke’s rejection shouldn’t hurt like this.

Maybe it was the idea of rejection? Yeah, that was it. I willed myself to believe this. But deep down I knew it was only because Sasuke is the one that rejected me. That made my burning passion of hate grow stronger,

How dare he!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do believe that Hitomi just may never like him. ^_^ Or will she? Yeah, it’s so obvious it’s not even funny.
Yes, uploads will be rather slow during school week, but not to worry! During the summer they will be rather plentiful! (Did anyone else think of food when I said ‘plentiful’? Now I am hungry!) Hope you enjoyed!

I will most definitely have another upload tomorrow!:D not so sure about mother’s day though…..possibly? EH, oh well. Comment vote and fan people! It makes me feel loved! Like people are actually enjoying the story, without that junk I feel so empty…….Like Hitomi without Naruto!!!!!!!!