Chapter Nine: Her Worst Nightmare.

I decided to be nice. Enjoy this chapter!(:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love is a Weakness

Chapter Nine: Her Worst Nightmare

I was shocked. Was Sasuke….hugging me? Without a shirt?! His bare chest was pushed against my clothed. Am I drooling? I hope not.

I slowly wrapped my arms around Sasuke. He was so warm, I could’ve just melted in his arms.

Hold the damn phone! What was I thinking? This was Sasuke. Why did thoughts like this keep popping into my head? It was gross. Thinking of which, when did Sasuke start hugging people?

This time I was reluctant to let go of him, but gently pushed him off of me, holding on to his shoulders and looking him dead in the eyes.

“Are you okay? Are you sick? Do you have a fever?” I felt his forehead, then my own. “You feel fine to me..”

I let go off of. Why was he hugging me? He has never hugged anyone, much less talk to them. Why was I suddenly different?

He looked down, shame written all over his face. Was he ashamed……of hugging me? I opened my mouth to tell him there was nothing to be ashamed of, but he beat me to it.

“Maybe you should go.” he wouldn’t even look at me.

“Sasuke…?” I put my hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off. “Go.” I didn’t know what to say, so I left.  Was Sasuke mad at me?
_______________________________________________

I was, once again, walking through Konoha, thought of Sasuke filled my mind. But this time it was dark. Pitch black. I shivered, who would’ve guessed that Konoha could be so…creepy?  I wasn’t exactly sure if my shivering was because I was cold, or freaked out.

Deciding it wasn’t late enough for bed, I ran to the training grounds. I don’t know why I liked it here, I just did. Not for training. But for relaxing. It was quiet, most of the time, and no one ever thought to look for me here. Not even Naruto.

Hmm, that reminds me. I haven’t seen the blonde all day. Maybe I should go see him later?

I laid on the soft grass and stared at the starry sky. Night time was always my favorite part of the day. It wasn’t hectic, and the sky was absolutely beautiful. Nothing could compare to it. Not even Sasuke’s gorgeous black orbs.

Woah, no I didn’t. I shot up from where I was laying. Did I really just think Sasuke’s eyes were…..pretty? No, gorgeous? Whatever Sasuke had earlier, I must have caught it. Please, tell me it’s fatal, because I’d rather be caught dead than ever think of him like that, again. Ever! 

Another shiver ran through my body. I was clueless as to whether it was from pleasure or disgust. Stupid Sasuke.

____________________________________

I heard a thump in the near distance, it was followed by an agonized groan. Clashing of kunai and screams were heard, as well. Was someone fighting?

Stretching my body, I looked at my surroundings I was somewhere in a think forest. How’d I get here? wasn’t I at the training grounds?

“Hitomi!”

What was that? Someone yelling my name? it sounded really familiar. Where have I heard that voice?

“Hitomi!” it called for me again. I slowly followed the voice, not sure if I should or not. As I walked, the voice kept calling, and I kept walking. Tripping over the unfamiliar roots of the trees. What kind of ninja was I? I couldn’t even walk over roots, without skinning my knee.

I was feeling lost, having been walking around for at least 45 minutes. The only thing that kept me going was that voice. The sweet voice that kept calling my name, it was like music to my ears.

This particular voice game me the chills, but the good kind. It sent butterflies to my stomach. My name mixed with the voice sounded even better, making my heart race. Who was this person?

Stumbling more, I came to a blinding white light. The voice was definitely coming from there, I walked in. I was expecting to find something pleasant, but was I found was the exact opposite. There had definitely been a fight earlier. And I was seeing the aftermath. Blood was everywhere. People were laying on the ground, dead. Men, women, and innocent children. But their wounds were funny.

That hadn’t been done by a kunai, and as far as I know, not by any jutsu. They were animal bite and claw marks. What had happened here?

I heard the clinking of kunai, and decided to follow it. I needed to know the person who did this. Fury was burning in the pits of my stomach. Who could be so heartless?

Again, my heart was pounding. But this time, in anticipation for the danger.

“HITOMI!” It was the voice, again. But this time it held misery.

The one that led me here. What’s its purpose? Was I needed? I am, after all, a ninja.

I only had a small distance to walk. But what I saw was worse than the massacre.

The fighting had been Naruto and Sasuke. But something was wrong. This wasn’t like their usual spars, no. Naruto was different, and Sasuke didn’t seem to be inflicting any harm on him. The thin lines on Naruto’s face became more pronounced. His teethe were sharp and jagged. The blue, clear eyes that I loved so dearly, were an awful, blood red. Not only this but they were lusting. Not for sex, though, no, something awful. His eyes were lusting for the blood and deaths of other people. His chakra was wrong, too. It was way to powerful for him.

Naruto let out a deafening roar. He was getting angry, no doubt. Red chakra now encased his body, forming a shape of a fox. This chakra was nothing but evil, it wanted nothing but suffering.

And it looked like Sasuke was its next victim. Sasuke looked horrible. An animal had clawed his cheek and it was pouring blood. Sweat drenched his body, and his chakra was running low. His attacks were more clumsy and he moved slower.

I was shocked beyond belief. This isn’t Naruto. I know Naruto, he’s a kind, loving, big-mouthed boy. Not a cold hearted murderer.

“Naruto!” I screamed, tears were brimming my eyes. What was he doing?

“Hitomi!” I looked over, and saw the bantered Sasuke. It was him, this whole time. Sasuke had called for me. His voice, proving it. That voice had been burned into my heart. The way it thumped wildly showing that it was for a fact.

But before I could say anything, Naruto charged at Sasuke. But Sasuke was to preoccupied with me to notice. “No! Sasuke!” My scream filled the air as Naruto tore Sasuke’s head from his body.

It felt as if my heart had just been ripped out of my chest. I collapsed to the ground, landing on my knees.

“Sas…Sasuke!” I sobbed.

The beast turned to me. That wasn’t my best friend. He isn’t Naruto. He wasn’t even human. Nothing but an animal.

It growled as it charged towards me. I accepted death with arms wide open. Sasuke and Naruto were gone. I had nothing left. “Nothing.”
__________________________________

Someone was shaking me violently. I bolted up right, looking for the beast that killed Sasuke. Why hasn’t it killed me yet?

I looked around and noticed I was once again at the training grounds. So was it all just a dream? I then noticed a hand on my shoulder. I immediately tensed, and turned to the unknown person.

My screams once again filled the air as I looked into bright, piercing, red eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dun Dun Dun!
So finals are almost over, and so is school! I’m so excited! I’ve been waiting for this, since the first day of school! (No, seriously) Yeah, I should be studying for my last exam, but I wanted to upload this chapter! The next upload should be either Saturday or Sunday. Depending on when I get home.(: Have an AMAZING summer, you guys!
Comment, Vote, and Fan!(: