1 Meeting the marauders

Ash Potter was starting hogwarts with her older brother James this year

Ash Potter was starting hogwarts with her older brother James this year. They were not twins but they were born close enough for them to be in the same year. They've always been close and the excitement of finally going to hogwarts fuelled them both to wake up early that morning.

Ash and James stood on the platform and hugged before boarding.

"whoever makes more friends by the sorting wins."

Ash sprinted left and James sprinted right.

Ash's POV-

I was running and peeking into train cars to try and find some friendly faces in my year. I open a train car to find three girls. One with red hair, one with black hair, and one with brown hair.

"Hi, Im Ash Potter I was wondering if you would like to be friends?"

"Of course! Im Lilly," The Red Head smiled.

"Yeah, Marlene," The raven haired girl says.

"And Im Alice Fortesque," The brunette offers her hand.

Ash takes it. They stay and chat for about 5 minutes and Ash feels like shes made her friends for life.

"It was lovely meeting you all and I plan on seeing you again very soon. I just have a bet to win," Ash says her goodbyes and the other girls wave her off.

Ash opens the door and immediately bumps in to a pale and lanky boy with black hair and grey eyes.

"Oh Im sorry, here," Ash pulls him up, "Names Ash."

The boy dusts himself off and eyes the girl suspiciously, "Regulus Black, Pureblood House of Black."

"Oh um? Ashlyn Potter, Pureblood. No house I think?"

"Pureblood?"

"Thats what I said."

His eyes soften a little and he offers his hand.

"Lets be friends. Would you like to sit in my train car?"

"Yes! I would," Ash smiles as she follows the boy.

They make it to a train car. There he introduces Ash to Icarus Nott, Enoch Wilkes, and the Prewitt twins.

"And youre all purebloods?" Ash questions suddenly noticing the pattern.

"Well yeah?" Nott shrugs.

"huh? Wait is that why youve gathered us all?" one of the twins, Fabian, asks.

"Yes," Regulus shrugs.

"Well, that slightly frightening tactic in finding friends aside, my name is Ash," I smile.

They talk together for about an hour, having genuine fun before Ash decided to head back to the girls train car. She doubted James was able to make more than the 8 friends she had made. The Prewitt twins followed her out.