4 Brotherly protection

She was trying out for the Ravenclaw quidditch team today. All of her friends were there to support her. Fabian as well.

"Hey good luck out there sis," James walks over to Ash, "And just try to make the team alright?"

"Well someones confident in his sister's abilities," Sirius sarcastically says.

"You'll see what I mean in a second. I don't think you've ever seen Ash Potter play quidditch."

"I'm sure she's brilliant at it," Fabian smiles fondly at Ash.

"Yeah she is... Why're you so close to her Prewitt?" James glares at Fabians hand on Ash's waist.

"You haven't told him?" Fabian whispers to Ash, only adding to James's annoyance.

"Didn't see the need. I mean, it's just James."

"JUST JAMES? I'm your brother what is it that you need to tell me huh? Get it out," James yells.

A whistle blows and the Ravenclaw captain ushers James and Sirius off the field before anything else can develop.

They begrudgingly took their seats next to Remus and Peter. Sirius scanned the stands for his brother only to find Regulus standing near the quidditch field under teh shadow of teh stands. They weren't on the best terms. Sirius didn't like the way Regulus leaned into his mothers beliefs and he couldn't overlook Reg being in Slytherin.

Ash was trying out for chaser and as soon as she got the quaffle everyone knew exactly what James meant by just try to make the team. Ash was winning. She was incredible at quidditch. Remus has never been interested in the sport but his book was down and he was watching her manuever with his full attention. Regulus was beside himself in amazement, he suddenly wished he had talked Slytherin up more when they had first met so that Ash could have joined the Slytherin quidditch team. The girls were hooting and hollering at their friend. Even Lilly knew Ash's flying was impressive. The keeper didn't stand a chance. Fabians jaw was on the floor, not that Gideons was much higher. When she landed she went straight for Regulus and her friends sprinted down the stairs of the stands.

"That was incredible," Regulus congratulated her.

"Think I made the team?" Ash smirked.

"I think they'll have to make a whole new team because you just embarrassed the beaters, keeper, seeker, and other chasers so badly. Salazar I wish you were dumber and more ambitious."

"I couldn't agree more. We weren't even looking for a chaser this year but we will be making room. All three of them are preparing to try out again to see who has to give you their spot. Never been more relieved to be a beater, and the Ravenclaw captain, welcome aboard," he offers his hand and Ash shakes it.

"Bloody brilliant!" Sirius runs up to Ash and throws her into the air when he reaches her.

"James did you see her do that axel turn thing, I don't even know what it's called but it was cool," Peter exclaims.

"Birds don't fly the way Ash does," Regulus says as eyes drift towards him and everyone falls silent.

"You act like he just threatened to kill all birds or something. Thank you Regulus," Ash sighs.

"It's true, I have never seen anything like what I just saw," Fabian smiled.

"Make sure you spread the word. Ravenclaw is winning the cup this year," Ash brims.

Later that week Fabian was in the library with Ash. He wasn't studying or reading, Ash was. Fabian was just resting his head on Ash's lap as he dozed off. Remus saw this and decided that maybe the library wasn't the best place to study afterall. He was just leaving when Sirius walks in.

"Hey Rem, James was just-" Sirius's eyes go wide as he sees Ash playing with Fabians hair and him holding her other hand, "Is that? Oh my- James."

And just like that Sirius was off. Remus had attempted to follow but Sirius was already back with James. Remus wondered how anyone could run that fast.

"What do you want to do on our next date?" Fabian asks.

"I don't know. Maybe just a day out," Ash hums as fabian get up and sits by Ash.

"Happy 5 months," Fabian smiles.

"I don't think 5 months is an occasion."

"What if I kiss you? Then is it an occasion?"

"I suppose it would be."

"I've wanted to kiss for about 8 months now."

"Go ahead."

And so Fabian leans in. Right as they make contact though, James Potter had Fabian in a headlock.

Ash just sighed at her brother and the boys behind him. Some first kiss that was.

"I don't think I've ever seen James Potter in a library," Ash rolls her eyes.

"You were just going to let him snog you like that!" Sirius steps forward in betrayal.

"Mhm"

"James do you hear her?"

"He's too busy choking out my boyfriend. Let him go James, we'll just kiss later whn you aren't around," Ash explains.

"Bloody Hell you are," James finally releases him.

"What do you mean boyfriend? How long have you been seeing each other?" Sirius asks with hsi hands on his hips.

"5 months now," Fabian answers.

"Remus did you know about this?" James asks.

"Why would I know?" Remus asks, for some reason he was rather irritated by the whole interaction. Betrayal was at the forefront of his emotions, he should've known. Some best friends they were, beneath that there was something else. Something he didn't understand yet.

"Sirius said he found out after trying to find you, said it didn't look like you were going to confront them or anything."

"Well, why would I?" Remus asks genuinely confused now.

"Cause we're best friends, and if we are best friends that means my sister is your sister, Which means we are obliged to never let her kiss a boy."

"Wait if she's my sister does that mean I can't kiss her?" Sirius asks.

James punches him lightly before answering, "It goes without saying that I burn you alive if anyone of you kiss her."

"I'll try and resist," Remus rolls his eyes at James.

"She's gone!" Sirius alerts James.

"If I find them in a broom closet, Prewitt won't be walking out of it," James runs out the library.

Remus, now alone in the library, took his usual seat. Minutes pass without him registering her presence.

"Rem, are they gone?" Ash whispers.

"They are," Remus answers.

"What do you think my animagus will be?"

"I still think it's a bad idea. Something could go horribly wrong. What if you become a half-bird half scorpion permanently?"

"Then I will enjoy my last month as a human, the mandrake leaf is already in my mouth."

"It's a terrible idea."

"You're welcome," Ash embraces the boy.