What now 32

Ash and Remus were talking in the halls. For a second they forgot about all the complicated things. About boyfriends and girlfriends. They were just friends again. Talking and laughing.

"I'm just saying my theory makes the most sense," Ash laughs.

"Sure if you reject everything else we've learned in arithmacy. I mean come on Ash you don't expect me to applaud do you?" Remus jokes.

"That's the problem with you, you're always so booky. Anything not written in a book must be wrong huh? Well I'll have you know Ash Potter has been written in many books."

"5at not how that works. Just cause your name is in a book doesn't mean you're right."

"Yeah? Have you finished that book I loaned you years ago?"

"I'm still reading it!"

"Impossible. I've seen you read a book in three hours. You've definitely read it at least 20 times now."

"And I want to read it 20 more times."

"Yeah?" Ash smiles.

It's a smile that Remus can't help but return. It made him so happy to see her smiling like that. He really loved her and the way she looked at him gave him butterflies. I knowing smile like she knew something he didn't. He didn't doubt that she knew much more than he did.

"Yeah," Remus grins.

"Um, Ash could you give me a moment with my boyfriend?" Spring asks a lot less kindly than a sentence like that called for.

"Um yeah, I'll be in the library Moony," Ash ducks into the library and starts studying.

"Are you serious!?" Spring shoves Remus.

He struggles to balance his books because of the force of her hit, "what is it now spring?"

"What do you mean what is it now? I already told you I don't like you hanging out with her!"

"Spring, I haven't seen Ash in weeks. You don't let her call me Remus. You don't let us walk to classes we share. You don't let us be partners in groups, which is insane because McGonagall and Slughorn always group us together. You don't even let her sit with us at lunch. Most of her friends are Gryffindors! You glare every time she enters a room, even when she's just talking to James. HER BROTHER!"

"no Remus. Youve got it all wrong. You haven't seen her in 3 days. Not even half a week. I don't want her to call you Rem or Remie. And of course I don't want you to spend time with her. Every time you do you fall more in love with her. Do you even know what dating and friendship is. The difference between romantic and platonic is your dating me and you're friends with her. Friends Remus."

"Yeah I'm friends with her, what's the big deal," Remus rolls his eyes.

"The big deal is you're dating me and you wish you were dating her."

"Ok fine. I get it spring. I'll be more mindful. But you can't control me, I'm in projects with Ash, I'm going to talk to her."

"Why aren't you denying it? Why aren't you saying it's not true. Why aren't you reassuring me that you wouldn't rather date her?!"

"Spring."

Why?! She's just a stupid skank, do you even see how she jumps from boyfriend to boyfriend? Fabian, Theo, regulus, Sirius, Finn. She's crazy, and she's using you. I mean isn't it obvious, you run after her like a lost pup and what's she done for you? What's she ever done for you Remus? I've seen you do her homework, I've seen  you buy her gifts, I've even seen you comfort her. But she's selfish and rude and mean. She's never comforted you, never got you anything, never done anything for you."