13 Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor

It was the first month back and the Ravenclaw Gryffindor quidditch game was here. Regulus and Xenophilius were at her side as she ate breakfast.

"And if you see the snitch-" Regulus starts for the millionth time.

"I let the seeker know," Ash finishes.

"And don't forget to duck your head if you sense turbulence," Xeonphilius says cheerfully.

"Guys. the information didn't just slip out of my head overnight. Everything you've been badgering me about this whole week is still in my head.

"Speaking of badgers your game is against Gryffindor," Regulus states.

"No please tell me more I had no idea."

"And your friends are all on that team. James, Sirius, Gideon, Fabian, all I'm saying is don't be afraid to beat them over the head and win," Xenophilius encourages.

"Speaking of, Fabian is coming over. So we should stop discussing this very good strategy you've come up with," Ash laughs at her friends.

"You're right," Regulus nods seriously.

"Hey Ash," Fabian says with his hands in his pocket.

"Hey Fabi, what's up? Come to beg me to go easy on you?" Ash smiles brightly and he relaxes immediately and returns the smile as he sits next to her. He was afraid it would be awkward after their break up.

The marauders, who had planned on coming over to see Ash, were watching on the other side of the cafeteria. Remus specifically tensed at the scene he was watching. There had been speculation that her and Fabian had broken up but him with his arm swung over her shoulder laughing about who knows what (Remus couldn't fathom what was so remarkably funny) and them smiling at each other as if they were each other's world, it was confirmed that they hadn't broken up.

He saw Fabian reach for something on the table and Ash looking at him as he did. They looked at each other, Ash said something, they laughed, and Remus turned away. He knew what came next. They kiss. He didn't want to see his best friend snogging someone first thing in the morning. That's what he tolod himself, that Ash wasn't special. He wouldn't want to see Sirius or Peter or James kissing anyone either.

"Prongs, you're seeing this aren't you? Why aren't we over there beating him up?" Sirius huffs.

"I can't beat up my beater right before the game. Besides, I'm turned this way, so really, I don't see a thing," James says.

"Well I have no issue tearing him away from Wings," Sirius stands up and much to Remus's protest, Remus stops Sirius from going to Ash.

"Just eat Padfoot," Remus goes back to looking at his book.

Remus couldn't read a line as he thought of the way his blood boiled everytime Fabian approached Ash. Even though James and Sirius were the most vocal about their distaste of Ash's relationship, he felt like he was the one who actually disliked it the most.

The memory of Fabian kissing Ash against the wall with their tongues interlocking, seeming to not need air at all, was seared into his mind and it only made his grip on the book he was reading tighten. He hoped Sirius would make a fuss again and try to break them up, he would let him go this time. She and Remus were the closest in the group, they told each other things they didn't tell the other marauders. James knew more about her childhood considering he was there but Remus knew about her dreams and feelings now more than anyone. He allowed her to know the most about him as well, he still hadn't told the other marauders about Fenrir Greyback.

Then as if his prayer had been answered James gets up and Sirius follows not even a second after. Then they were at the Ravenclaw table and Remus was steadily on his way.