36 Blessing

A/N I'm so sorry for the last chapter. I wrote it incredibly sleep deprived um... where ya been loca?

Ash woke up first. Her arms were around Remus and her head on his chest. He looked so peaceful. Ash thought she might as well intertwine their legs as well. A few minutes later Remus wakes up.

He looks down and sees Ash playing with his arms. He immediately thinks of his scars, he should've covered them up. He had a few long sleeves he could've worn. Then his eyes go to the position they're in.

What if he smelt bad? What if Ash found out they were in this position? He had to move before Ash woke. He looked at her again and noticed the smile on her face and the eyes clearly open and looking at his arm that was around her.

She was smiling because she heard how much faster his heart was beating.

"Good morning," Remus says.

"Good morning," Ash responds.

"Why are you up so early today?"

"I wanted to see you sooner."

"..."

"Rem?"

"...oh ah ha ha um..."

"What time is it?"

"Right we should probably get going and stuff-" Remus moves around trying to find a clock before spotting Sirius with a bowl of cereal at his doorway, Ash notices right after him.

"Sirius? You never get up early," Ash stares confused.

"I just wanted to see you sooner," Sirius smirks.

Remus throws a pillow at him.

"Alright then, I'll give you lovebirds some space."

Ash laughs and gets out of bed.

"Sorry about him," Remus says.

"You act like he isn't my friend too."

"He wouldn't have said all that if I wasn't here."

"There would be nothing to talk about if you weren't here. Don't overthink it Rem. We've got to make pancakes," Ash reassures him.

"I like when you call me Rem."

About an hour later they are in the kitchen and the pancakes are made. Hope had come in earlier and fussed over the fact that Ash was a guest and shouldn't be doing all that while Ash nodded along and continued flipping pancakes with Remus.

Later that day Hope would dig in the attic for her old wedding band. Maybe that would give Remus a hint to move their relationship forward.

"It's summer we should be doing things. Living life making dumb mistakes!" Sirius announces standing on the coach with a pancake in each hand.

"Sure. After you wash the dishes," Ash wipes her hands off.

"I am not doing dishes."

"All in favor of Sirius doing dishes?"

Everyone raises their hand even Hope Lupin.

"That's so unfair. Peters afraid of you, your James's sister, Hopes gonna be your mother in law and you're snogging Remus. Of course they agree with you," Sirius complains.

"She's not snogging moony," James says.

"Do we have veritaserum cause I can assure you she is."

"Really?" Hope smiles behind her magazine.

"Really ma'am. You know the first time he met Ash he was practically drooling. I should know cause I was too. See I was scoping out the competition and Remus was so clearly attracted to Ash I made a mental not of it. 6 years later and it seems I should've been more wary of the competition cause he won," Sirius shakes his head.