19 Prefects

We got there early in hopes of avoiding Sirius's family. James, Ash, and Sirius board the train and go to their usual compartment. Remus arrived a few minutes after followed by Peter.

"How was your summer Wormtail," Ash asks.

"It was alright. My mum baked this lemon cake, it was really good," Peter shares.

Sirius caught Remus and Peter up on all the adventures that took place in the Potter house. Ash was exhausted because while the toaster exploding and pranking Ash may have been fun to Sirius and James it drained the energy out of Ash.

She sat in between Sirius and Remus and as she nodded off she leaned towards Remus. Until she finally fell asleep with her head on his shoulder. Remus shifted to try and make his shoulder more comfortable for her. He looked out the window hoping that he wasn't blushing. Not because he liked her, but because it was cold and James would misinterpret a blush.

A few stories later Ash was still asleep but nestled into Remus's chest now. Lilly knocks on the glass. James trips over himself as he dives to open the door for her.

"Lilly Flower! How was your summer? You couldn't wait to see me," James smiles.

"Er no. I just came to get Remus and Ash. They're prefects," Lilly glances at Remus and gives him a knowing smile when she sees the position he's in.

"Right we'll be there soon," Remus nods as he nudges Ash awake gently.

"I'm going to rip out your organs and wring them like a dishcloth Lupin," Ash murmurs in her half-sleep state.

"I don't think prefects are allowed to do that," Remus chuckled.

"You wouldn't know, not like you've been to a meeting yet."

"You're right. Let's get to the meeting then," Remus scoops her up in his arms and leaves the train compartment. Lilly was waiting outside for them.

"I'm so sorry I tore you two love birds away from your cuddling," Lilly says.

"Well I'm still carrying her so," Remus shrugs.

"I noticed. You two are cute together," Lilly smiles.

"We aren't together."

"You could be."

"Talk quieter," Ash sleeps.

"Of course, how could I be so inconsiderate," Lilly laughs.

They reach the train car a minute later.

"Should I wake her?" Lilly whispers.

"She's so peaceful and tired. I'll catch her up on what she misses," Remus looks at the gurl in his arms.

"You are smitten," Lilly rolls her eyes and pulls the door open.

The noise of chatter between prefects and professors wakes her up.

"Gosh Moony put me down," Ash sighs.

"No thank you at all?"

"Yeah thanks."

"Next time I'm leaving you in the train compartment," Remus laughs.

"Alright prefects! Gather around!" the head girl announces.

"Now that you are prefects you are held to a higher standard. You must take away and give house points fairly. Even if it means taking them from your house and giving them to a rival house," the head boy says.

"I see most of you have your prefect badges, good. You will be wearing that from now on over your robes on the left side," the head girl says.

"It doesn't have to be the left side," the head boy interrupts.