4.5 Hogsmeade

It was the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. She sat next to Remus on the train to Hogsmeade. They called themselves the Marauders James came up with it, Ash thought it was cheesy. Which made James think it was all the more genius.

"Lupin can you scoot a bit farther from Ash?" James more commands then asks.

"Maybe if Peter sat on your side instead of hours we would have the space to," Remus rolls his eyes.

"It's a bit crowded if you haven't noticed," Ash agrees.

"Whatever," James huffs.

Ash scoots even closer to Remus and locks his arm with hers to aggravate James more.

"I should've been an only child," James scowls.

"I pray every day that I become one," Ash counters.

Remus was not unaware of how close Ash was, he was getting warm. Not only because of the shared warmth they had. Ash was subconsciously running her fingers up and down his arm. It tickled.

What he was unaware of was that Ash was running her hands over his scars. She memorized them. She didn't need to see the arms to know exactly where the scars were, and so her fingers traced them all the way to Hogsmeade.

"This will be our tradition. Every Hogsmeade trip it'll be us 5. If any of us ditch it, they go in the hole," James says.

"The hole?"

"Yes."

"What hole?"

"The one I dig during the trip you miss," James answers.

"What if Lilly asks you on a date to Hogsmeade?" Ash asks.

"I- I well I- it's just that- well... We can't-"

"I guess I would have to dig the hole then," Remus says.

"I don't think we'll have to worry about that. She hate's you," Ash says.

"Where to?" Peter asks.

"Honeydukes."

They make it in and Ash immediately goes to the Chocolate frogs they were her favorite after all. She bought a dozen.

Remus watched out of the corner of his eye, she sure bought a lot of chocolate for someone that despised it. He didn't have all that much money to buy candy so he bought 2.

Ash bought her second favorite candies as well. Sugar quills. They hurt to eat but the were so pretty.

Remus bought some as well. They must be her favorite, he thought.

They leave Honeydukes and make their way to the three broomsticks. Sirius buys everyone some butterbeer. Ash sat Between Remus and Peter. That didn't last long after Sirius forced his way in between Ash and Peter.

He continued flirting with her all day. James had just about had enough. He made a mental note to lecture him later. He didn't want to do it in front of Ash, she already thought he was overbearing.

Ash had finished her drink and Remus was finishing his. It was taking a bit longer because he was eating chocolate frogs in between sips. Ash watched him fondly. Then he was out and glumly sipped his butter beer. Sometime between then and now he noticed ASh was watching him and smiled at her.

How could she sit there and not give him her 12 chocolate frogs. It was unheard of. It was impossible. So she gave them to Remus. His eyes lit up as always, he asked if she was sure. She always was. He said they could split it and Ash reminded him she hated chocolate. She didn't but she loved it more when he ate it. They joy he received from them gave her more happiness than eating them ever could.

Ash sat there and thought to herself. She couldn't remember the last time she had chocolate. Maybe she really did hate it, she laughed to herself.

It was late when they were finally ready to go. They caught the last train back to Hogsmeade. THey were all laughs and giggles. Especially Peter, no doubt from the sugar high he was on.

They walked in a dance line to the Gryffindor common room. Ash would be staying over with Alice, Lilly, and Marlene.