15 Scars

"How long do you think he'll be mad at me for," Ash whispered groans behind a book as she peeked at Remus who was across the library.

Regulus sat next to her and lowered the book, "Very soon I'd say. I don't think it's too bad to withhold information. Some things are private."

"Yeah you're right," Ash agrees, "But maybe I should apologize to him."

"Ash you're doing it again," Regulus puts a hand over hers to stop her nervous tapping.

"How could I not Reggie, he's right there and he was my best friend," Ash says.

"Ouch."

"You're a close second."

"McKinnon."

"You're a close third."

"Again, Ouch."

"Fine Regulus you're my bestest friend ever. And Remus is a close third," Ash bargains.

"It's too late for that," Regulus says.

Ash glances back at Remus unaware that Remus had been watching her and Regulus interact the entire time with white knuckles gripping his book.

"How's your arm? It's been an hour now huh?" Regulus asks.

"You're just like Sirius. My arm hurt like the Grey Lady's death. And the fatigue is only more noticeable around Rem.

"You should talk to Rem then," Regulus pretends he isn't paying attention by opening the book in front of him.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you should get on the ground and beg him to forgive you for having private thoughts," Regulus says.

"You are just like Sirius," Ash comments.

"Watch it or you'll have two broken arms," Regulus laughs.

Regulus had been so desensitized to Ash's comments about Sirius that he barely batted an eye at them anymore.

"I'd like to see you try," Ash smiles, "Now back to the Remus situation."

"Ash you've just got to wait it out, trust me he'll come back to you," Regulus reassures the girl.

"Where's Sirius?"

"In the Great- I have no idea," Regulus corrects himself.

"I'm gonna go see him, bye Reggie," Ash gives him a small hug.

Remus watched as Ash left for the great hall, thanks to his werewolf hearing he knew exactly who she wanted to find and that only angered him more.

Ash found Sirius sitting alone at the Gryffindor table. It seems like rumors about he and Ash had spread, he wan't even surrounded by the usual flock of girls.

So Ash sat right next to him.

"Ash you can't, James will-"

"You know James was never able to successfully stop me from seeing a boyfriend," Ash winks.

"How are you feeling?"

"Sorry that I dragged you into this, completely messed everything up."

"It was definitely me who messed up. The potion was a set up and I can't believe they took the quip about you and me seriously," Sirius puts his head in his hands.

"You're right, it was absolutely crazy for that type of potion to be the first thing you thought of," Ash laughed.

"Well it worked at the time, they did stop pestering me, it just bit me later."