9 Wedding pt.1

A few days had passed.

"Hey Wings, um Prongs said to call you down for breakfast and that you need to- well he said," Remus rubs the back of his neck as he leans on Ash's door frame.

"Deliver it to her straight Moony!" Sirius yells.

Remus sighs, "He said you need to hurry up and dump your loony tunes red-headed tomato racecar umm..."

"Bulbous-nosed niffler!" James finishes.

"Bulbous-nosed niffler boyfriend," Remus says avoiding eye contact.

"Gosh Remus, you are adorable," Ash smiles. She hadn't told any of her friends that she and Fabian had broken up yet. She never felt the need to mention these things.

"Thanks um, breakfast. Yeah," Remus taps on the door frame and makes his way down stairs.

Ash makes her way downstairs. Her parents had already prepared breakfast and were currently pestering James about leaving his socks everywhere.

"Hey Wings you've got a few letters," Sirius chucks a series of envelopes at her.

"I'm assuming at least one was from Regulus then?" Ash snickers.

"Try three," Sirius sits down trying to hide his anger and annoyance.

Ash flips through her letters. Three of them were indeed from Regulus, one was from Bean publishers, one from Fabian, two from Marlene, one from Alice and Lilly.

James attempted to hide the fact he was craning his neck over to look at Lilly's letter, not well.

"Dear Ash, I've always wanted to tell you that I do secretly have feelings for your brother," Ash reads aloud.

"What!?" James falls out of his chair and hurriedly reaches out to snatch the letter out of Ash's hands.

Ash read her letters from Marlene and Fabian in the time it took James to read and reread and reread the letter from Lilly, which did not have anything to do with James. Remus was much more effective in hiding his peeping at Ash's letters. She didn't notice at all when he walked behind her to catch a glimpse at the letter. All he saw was that it was long and that Ash seemed to beam as she read it. That was enough to spoil his breakfast, though he didn't know why.

"Ash can you point to where you saw that extremely truthful statement from Lilly-Flower," James hands the letter back.

"Yeah sure it's right umm," Ash squints before flicking James's head, "in your dreams."

Now she was on to Regulus's letter that Sirius pretended not to be interested in. That lasted a total of 3 seconds.

"Dear Ash darling, In the scenario where you get this letter first... bla...bla bla...bla... I look forward to... taking you as my date to the Wedding!?" Sirius looks up at Ash in shock as he reaches for the other letters.

"I don't know why I didn't see this coming," Ash sighs.

Sirius manages to successfully snatch the letters out of Ash's hands.

"I must've not have noticed the letters were actually addressed to Sirius when I organized them," Remus grumbles quietly and in a way that made Ash smile to herself.

Sirius rips open the second envelope and scans the text hurriedly, "Wonderous formalities and... bla...bla... wait did Regulus just make a joke? Ash come here look at this line. Right here," Sirius points.

"Mhm yes that would be a joke," Ash nods professionally.

"Huh weird," Sirius brings his attention back to the letter, "formality... bla business...bla bla bla... another joke? Who knew Reggie was such a comedic man...bla... bla bla...Personally pick you up?!...lovely... miss you already???"