19.5 Make up

To say Ash was furious was an understatement. How could they discriminate based on houses when they hated people who discriminated based on blood. Ash could have easily been sorted into Slytherin.

Regulus was a good person and Sirius's shunning would only make him more inclined to become a bad one.

Ash sat in an empty corridor wrapping up a 2nd year Slytherin's arm. She always kept bandages and healing potions on her. Along with a lot of chocolate.

She tended to help Madame Pomfrey a lot. As a thank you for helping Remus. Before she met Remus she was on her way to becoming an auror but now healer seemed like the obvious choice. She was very good at it too. She was a genius at potions so that helps as well.

"You're very good at this," the girl says.

"Thank you. I've been practicing. Here just drink this potion and you should be good. Be more careful ok?"

"Well it wasn't really my fault... a few Gryffindors surrounded me and..."

Ash's eyebrow twitches. Of course. She was ticked off.

"If it happens again tell me," Ash says, "My name is Ash Potter. If you ask around I'm sure you'll find me in 5 minutes."

"Thank you again," the girl smiles.

Ash felt like she could just explode with anger. She had had enough with the harassment the houses gave each other. Not being sorted into Gryffindor and Slytherin was a blessing. She hadn't talked to James or Sirius since the compartment. It had only been a few days but more and more people were being admitted to the Hospital wing with bullying-relatedd injuries. She had an inkling that they wouldn'tt be talking for a while.

She made her way to her shift at the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey greeted her and she started mixing salves. Remus came to visit her.

"Hey Rem," she smiled as she leaned casually over a counter.

"Hey... um James and Sirius wanted to apologize," Remus frowns slightly.

"Have they apologized to Regulus and ended their prejudice against Slytherins?"

"Er no but-"

"I'm busy Rem," Ash shakes her head.

"...Will you be at the full moon next week?"

"I always am. I'd be there even if you were the one I was mad at. I'll always be there."

"Sirius and James will too," Remus adds.

"They are your friends. They should be or I'd have something else to be upset about," Ash nods.

"They're your friends too. And your brother."

"Rem I've already told you what they need to do. If they don't do it then why should I ever believe them."

"Come on, they love you."

"I don't want to talk about it anymore. If you want to stay talk about something else."

"...fine ok... I think I fancy Margaret Brown?"

"Are you asking me?"

Ash's heart dropped. Why wouldn't he fancy Margaret? I mean her curly blonde hair and lighthearted smile. Ash just always thought his type was dark brunette girls with hazel eyes. It hurt even more because she knew Margaret reciprocated the feelings. She suddenly wanted to get back to talking about the other topic.

"No, but James and Sirius and Peter know so I thought you should too. How are you and Teddy?"

"Completely platonic."