26 Everyday

The full moon passed like usual. It came and went. Ash healed him, it seemed less personal than usual. It was the same actions, the same words, but it was different. She hadn't called him adorable or attractive since that night and he started to feel the hole it left.

"What's up with you and Ash?"

"Nothing."

"Remus it isn't nothing. You're sad when you're around her. You're usually the opposite."

"Lilly... She called me ugly."

"What?"

"She called me ugly. Not to my face but behind my back."

"She wouldn't do that," Lilly shakes her head.

"But she did. I mean it's true, I just thought..."

"Was she with James?"

"Yeah?"

"Then it doesn't count. James is over protective. SHe probably just said whatever it took to get her out of the situation."

"But she hadn't called me pretty since. SHe always does. And she doesn't hold my hand anymore."

"What'd you do?"

"I didn't do anything."

"What did you do right before she changed?"

"We were patrolling."

"What happened?"

"She got asked out."

"And after that?"

"We stopped talking and then she called me ugly."

"Think harder."

"That's it Lilly. That's really it."

"Talk to her about it. You like her, so ask her about it."

"But it doesn't matter."

"It seems to matter to you."

A week later the full moon was approaching. Remus found himself in a mood. One of those moods that only Ash seemed to be able to bring him out of. He sat in the closet alone. He didn't want to hear anything. Everything was annoying.

He heard footsteps. He rolled his eyes. Why couldn't they walk quieter?

"Wait for the full moon day," Ash's muffled voice reaches him.

He lurches onto his feet. He opens the door in hopes of seeing her. SHe was the only thing that made him feel better on full moons.

James and Peter stood there as James held the Wolfsbane potion.

"She's tutoring Sirius in Potions," James says.

"And you're okay with that?" knowing she was with Sirius made him even more upset.

"I trust Ash. She doesn't find any of you attractive, it's good enough for me."

Remus didn't exchange another word before retreating back to the closet. He sat there with his hands over his ears and tried not to miss Ash.

"Are you sure we crush it? It says we chop it?" Sirius clarifies.

"I brewed the animagus potion. I brewed the wolfsbane potion. I'm right Sirius, just go with it."

"Ugh fine."

An hour of book work later Sirius sat there just looking at Ash in the library. He was in the library. That in itself showed him how much he liked her.

"Ash."

"Yeah Siri?"

"I like you," Sirius looks at her.