16 A Pact

"I'm sorry Sirius. I should've known you wouldn't do that," "James apologized to Sirius in the great hall.

"It's alright Prongs, I get it, she's your sister," Sirius shrugs.

"It was still rash of me."

"It was the heat of the moment. Besides I couldn't hurt Ash, I would never hurt Ash."

"I know I know, we even made that pact back in 1st year," James nods.

*FLASHBACK*

"I'm serious James you're sister is pretty."

"Prettier than any other girl here for sure."

"Yeah pretty."

"I know, it's the Potter genes," James laughs.

"You should put in a good word for me. Wouldn't you love to be my brother?" Sirius looks at James hopefully.

"Sure I would, I don't want to be your brother in law though."

"Oh I'll be respectful, the utmost gentleman. I'd treat Miss. Potter right."

"Nope. You guys are my friends, none of you will be dating my sister."

"I'll be married to her. I can feel it," Sirius says dreamily.

"What about Peter?"

"Yeah James, what about me?"

"I don't care. You aren't dating my sister. I don't even care if you're a bookworm who's never disrespected so much as a plant your entire life like Remus. You are my friends and you will NOT date my sister."

"Fine fine, I jest I jest. I didn't want to date her anyways."

"Uh huh."

"Come on James I was joking. Wasn't I joking Peter?"

"Uhm yes?"

"I don't think it was very funny," huffs James.

"Come on, Remus I was joking right?"

"I don't know Sirius. Maybe you should make a pact with James, promise you won't date Ash," Remus suggests.

"No."

"Yes! That's brilliant. All three of you get a book out and swear you won't date Ash."

The three boys get out a heavy book from their bag, Sirius takes his time.

"OK Repeat after me. I."

"I.' the three boys repeat.

"Will never date or even look at Ash Potter in a romantic way."

"Or else the previously established friendship between James Potter will be forever severed and a violent punishment invoked."

"And I don't think Ash Potter is pretty," James says.

"Well I do," Sirius says.

"And I don't think Ash Potter is pretty," Remus rolls his eyes as Peter nods his head to signify that he understood.

"This pact shall never be broken from this day forth. None of you are to lay a hand on my sister. Agreed?"

"Agreed," they all repeat, though in very different tones.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

Sirius rubs his neck, "Right yeah. Don't fall in love with your sister."

"I don;t think those were the words," James laughs.

"So I can? Fall in love with Ash I mean."

"Oh heavens no, absolutely not. NO no nononononononono no no," James laughs some more.

"Ah... yeah thought so," Sirius looks away so James couldn't see the expression he was making.