2.75 First Kiss

"Rem! Rem! He's done it!"

"Done what Ash? While we're at it, who is he?"

"Sirius Black! He's done it. He's had his first kiss!"

"With?"

Remus hoped it wasn't with Ash. He shook the thought out of his head. He didn't care if it was with Ash. James would never allow it anyways.

"Marlene McKinnon. Gosh they both wanted to do it but you wouldn't know by her reaction. She looked like she was going to barf. I think she might've when we all left."

"And your happy about this?"

"More surprised, alert, frightened actually Rem," Ash explained.

"And now you're going to tell me allllll about it. Am I right?"

"You usually are. I mean Marlene wanted her first kiss done. She even wanted it to be with Sirius. The craziest part is she wanted it to be done, with Sirius, exactly when it had been done. And then she barfed! Remus can you believe it?"

"I'm sure if you repeat it a few more different ways I'll believe it even more."

"I mean she yaked Rem. She threw up. She tossed he lunch. She puked. She launched her food. She really truly barfed after locking lips with Sirius."

"Ah yes I'm understanding a bit better now."

Ash rolls her eyes, "it wasn't even a true snog . Just a peck on the lips. If even that. Poor Marlene...poor Sirius really. I mean if I kissed someone and they turned green. Why I don't think I'd ever do it again."

"I don't think I would either."

"Exactly! So you agree?!"

"I always agree with you?"

"Great so should we do it now or do you want to brush your teeth first? I already brushed mine before coming," Ash holds her head high, proud.

"Sorry I think something got lost in translation. What exactly did I agree to?"

"Kiss me of course. You are going to take my first kiss. How long do you reckon a first kiss should take? I think three seconds, of course two or four would work too. Whatever is natural I suppose. If you want we can even do 5 but it has to be at least two. I want it to be a real kiss."

Remus was bright red now. The implications of what Ash was saying made him blush profusely "Slow down. Why do you want to kiss me?"

"Well if it's you I'm sure I won't at least barf!"

"Thanks."

"I mean it Remus, I won't barf at all. Not even a little."

"You sound too proud of that."

"Well it's true. As soon as I saw what happened with Marlene and Sirius I knew I would HAVE to kiss you. You were the first person I thought of. I'd barf too if it were Sirius. Definitely if it was Peter. Snape too. And what if it's a boyfriend that I think I like and then I end up throwing up anyways. Cause I didn't actually like him? Hence why I have to kiss you," ash explains with a smile.

"I um... it's just. I haven't had my first kiss either and... I just um-"

"I didn't even consider that. Oh I'm sorry Rem. I was only thinking of myself. I mean I'm clearly attracted to you but what if you threw up after kissing me. Gosh. I see what you mean. I suppose I could always ask Regulus to be my first kiss, course there's a 30 percent chance I puke, where with you there's zero."

"No it's not that. I promise I wouldn't throw up it's just... what if I'm not good."

"You could be horrible and I still wouldn't throw up," Ash perks up.

"Thanks."

"Mhm, so where should we do it? I thought by the common room fire would be nice but a dark corridor or the astronomy tower would be perfect for a first kiss as well."

"I still have t agreed."

"You have. Remember?"

"I no that was back when- I thought you were talking about something else and-"

"Remus John Lupin. Do you want to kiss me? Even a little?"

Remus is redder than he was at the start of the conversation, the original red never faded through the course of the conversation, only changed into darker shades.

"Yeah... I do," he whispers.

"Great! So where should I meet you?"

"Um Astronomy tower, after I brush my teeth."

"See you soon Rem!" Ash skipped out of the Gryffindor common room.

She stopped by the kitchens. She picked up candles, if she knew Remus it would take more than four minutes to brush his teeth.

She made her way to the astronomy tower and set up all the candles. She was cold. When Remus made it up she scanned him and nodded. He looked warm. She had suspected correctly, he wore an entirely new set of clothes, his hair was brushed, his teeth were sparkling and he was nervously chewing on a chocolate bar.

"Y-you uh set up candles."

"Romantic yeah?"

"Um yeah," Remus tugged on his neatly done tie.

Ash made her way closer and watched him. He was perfect for a first kiss. Yep she would definitely not throw up.

He nervously fidgets with his hands. Ash takes the candy bar out of his hands and cups his face. He wasn't much taller than her, that would change as they got older. She placed her hands on his cheeks.

"How many seconds?" He asks.

"However many," Ash shrugs.

"Should I close my eyes?"

"How will you know where my lips are then?"

"Um I.. huh I-I... that's just what I thought people um."

"Yeah, if you want yeah. You can close your eyes then," Ash hums getting closer. His eyes don't close as he watches her lean in, and then he was leaning and then they were so close to each other. He squeezes his eyes closed. Ash let out a little laugh and just as he was about to open his eyes or tell her he was embarazases there lips connected. Her eyes close as well.

Ash's hand moved to his hair. One moving through his curls. The other was still pressed to his cheek. She was pulling him closer. He was letting her. He didn't know what to do with his hands but it felt awkward with Ash leaning into him like that so he grabbed her waist. She could taste the chocolate he ate earlier, she wanted more, she had t had chocolate in a while, she wanted more.

Ash would turn her head every once and a while and suck on his bottom lip. There wasn't any tongue but Remus knew he was bright red. Ash was tugging on him harder now. He was so warm, gosh she was cold.

Then she pulled away, "30 seconds! I'd say that was a success. At least 30 times better than Sirius's first kiss. You were really great!"

"I uh..." Remus was dumbfounded.

He had lost track of time. How could he keep track of time when Ash was kissing him?

"Mhm," I was worried cause I was honestly freezing. I mean the draft in this tower is horrible at night. Partly my fault since I didn't close the windows but it is the astronomy tower," Ash shrugs.

Remus couldn't think. He did everything in his power to not touch his lips. He didn't hesitate to take off his sweater and pull it over Ash's head.

"Aww Remus you didn't have to do that. This was a really good first kiss. Now we have to blow out these candles."

A strong breeze floats by and all the candles are blown out leaving them in the moonlight, Ash looked really pretty in the moonlight.

They both laugh and walk arm and arm to Ravenclaw tower. Remus kissed Ash's forehead and said good night, before walking back to Gryffindor tower.

They would never forget this, or regret it. They would think about it a lot. But they would never do anything about it. They didn't date pm they didn't even consider it. They were just best friends.