Chapter 22 Penelope & Charles

Penelope and Charles

A couple days have passed and it's now the weekend. Penelope and Charles are going to pick up their new baby girl in Maryland. Which was about a 6 hour drive away. They have everything ready for her arrival and can't wait to go get her and welcome her into their family. They chose to name the baby Alice Marie and they were so excited.

Penelope has been showing some signs of being pregnant but they still weren't for sure if she was or not. If she didn't end up getting pregnant this time then she would be able to try again in a couple more months. Charles was hoping that if she didn't then it would be okay since they would have Alice now.

They were driving on their way there about 3 hours into the drive they had just stopped to get lunch and were eating it as they were driving. Penelope has been talking non stop about how excited she was and what they were going to do when they got home.

"Penny honey why don't you try eating something" He says with a laugh since she was talking and talking non stop she really didn't have a long enough break to eat.

She looks at him "Yeah I probably should" She smiles reaching down in the bag and getting her sandwich and starts eating it still trying to talk as she eats

"Penny" Chase laughs

She looks at him "What?"

"Calm down and just eat okay? we will be there soon and if you keep talking you won't be able to talk to her when we get there."

"Sorry I'm just excited" She laughs as she eats

"I know I know, but we still have 3 more hours until we get to see her why don't you lay the seat back and try to take a nap after you eat"

"Okay, yeah I can try."

She finishes eating and leans the seat back she keeps adjusting herself before falling asleep almost an hour later.

When they get there Charles parks in the driveway and slightly shakes Penelope "Honey were here" He says

She wakes up rubbing her eyes then sits up excited "Really?!"

"Yes really, calm down a little bit okay?" he laughs

They walk up to the door knocking on it. An older mother about in her 40's opens the door "Hello" She sightly smiles

"Hello" Penelope and Charles both say

"You must be here to adopt my daughters baby girl right?"

They nod and she gestures them in "I'm Amanda, Emilliee and the baby are in here" She says walking towards the living room. The room looked gross stuff all over the place, like they haven't cleaned in weeks. There was a bunch of toys and a couple younger kids running around and there was also a 14 year old girl sitting on the couch drinking pop and watching tv and a tiny little baby in a bouncer in the corner.