Chapter 23 Spencer & Toby

Spencer and Toby

1 month has gone by Spencer is pregnant and showing some, more than she has before but they were just thinking it was because it is her 4th pregnancy . They found out that she is about 3 months pregnant now.

It was morning and Spencer was up, throwing up with morning sickness. Toby groans getting up too. He felt like she was always sick and it was so annoying, he was also worried she would be pregnant with twins again which scared him, since they have already had 2 sets of twins having a 3rd wouldn't be a surprise, but it really scared Toby he didn't think they would be able to handle one more let alone 2.

Toby walks in the bathroom and crouches down next to Spencer rubbing her back as he always did when she had morning sickness. "Oh Spence" He sighs "This is never ending is it?"

She stops a minute later and looks up at him and shakes her head no and starts crying, she has been very emotional too.

Toby pulls her into a hug and sways some "It's going to be okay Spence, we have gotten through this 3 other times...with 5 kids.. this isn't anything new, we both know we will get through this."

"I know" She mumbles

"Come on lets get ready we have a doctors apt today remember?"

She nods getting up rubbing her belly , it wasn't too big of a bump, but it was noticeable, bigger than an average 3 month belly.

They both shower and get ready, after eating breakfast they get in the car to head to the doctors.

"Are you excited to see the baby?" Spencer asks looking over at Toby who was driving.

'Yes I am, are you?"

"Yes very, see it being just us makes me feel like how I was when I was pregnant with Kylene and Penelope.." She smiles

"I see, I would have to agree, but this time it is only 1 baby."

"Yeah we think"

"What do you mean we think?" He glances over at Spencer real fast as he was driving

"I mean it could be multiples.. I mean we have had 2 sets of twins. Once you have multiples it is really easy to get pregnant with them again" She plays with her fingers nervously she could tell Toby wouldn't be happy if she was pregnant with multiples.

"I know Spence... But lets just hope that it's only one, because we are way too old for multiples."

"Yeah, lets hope" Spencer says deep down she wanted more than one, she felt so empty with no kids, and a couple would fill that emptiness but at the same time she knew that there would be no way they could handle more than one at this age.

They soon arrive to the doctors and check in. They sit down waiting to be called on. Toby had his arm wrapped around spencer.

"Spencer Cavanaugh?" The doctor calls and they both get up walking back to the room for an ultrasound.

Spencer lays down on the table and lifts up her shirt "Hello guys" She smiles "How are you feeling Spencer?"

"Not too bad, just normal pregnancy symptoms.." She sighs

The doctor nods "Well thats good your showing them, if not I'd be a little concerned." She chuckles

"Anything seem abnormal at all?"

"I don't think so.." spencer says and looks at Toby wondering if he noticed anything.

"Well her symptoms have been worse then they were with her other pregnancies, like it's all the symptoms times 5"