Prowler

CW: This chapter contains non-violent non-con. It's the sort of thing that in the time period, would not have been considered an "actual" SA, even if we know better nowadays.

Ade hopped off the bus the following day after work, waving to Dave  with a cheerful smile and grateful to see that his boyfriend appeared  relaxed as he waited outside the shop he worked at

Ade hopped off the bus the following day after work, waving to Dave with a cheerful smile and grateful to see that his boyfriend appeared relaxed as he waited outside the shop he worked at.

"Work go all right, mate?" Dave asked. "I figured we'd go see Angie first thing, set up that appointment for you if you still wanna go through with it, before we hit up the charity shop."

"Work was work," Ade said with a grin. "It went about as well as it ever does. And yes, I still wanna get my hair done proper, plus we both should give your sister our best wishes and all that rot. Although as far as bleaching my hair and all, how soon I do it depends on what it'll cost."

"Yeah, I didn't think of that," Dave admitted. "She's always done mine after hours and at a discount because I'm family, but I don't think she can get away with that for you. After hours, probably, but not the discount."

"Well, I'm gonna do it either way, it's just a matter of if I can do it soonest, or if I'll need to save up a bit first," Ade said. "Anyway, how'd your day go?"

"Quietly enough, which is usual for a Monday," Dave said with a laugh as they walked up the road to the salon his sister worked at. "And better, no unwelcome visitors."

"Good," Ade said sincerely as they stepped into the salon. He spotted Angie Murray... whatever her new last name was... sweeping up hair clippings from around one of the barber chairs.

Angie looked up as the bell over the door gave a jingle and smiled at her brother and his friend. "Dave, Adrian, hello," she said.

"I hear congratulations are in order," Dave said. "At least they are as far as Mum and I are concerned."

"You have my best wishes as well," Ade put in with a smile.

Angie blushed and smiled. "Thanks, boys," she murmured. "Da wasn't best pleased, of course."

Dave pressed his lips together with a frown. "Well, I expect he's even less pleased now," he said. "He smacked me one for the so-called cheek of telling him that I'd spent Saturday night with one of the blokes because I didn't want to risk waking him at some stupidly late hour coming back from the festival we played. And then he had the gall to order me to quit the band and get rid of my guitars so I'd be more likely to get a promotion and raise at the shop, so I could 'contribute' more at home. I'm hoping he don't take it out on Mum, but I've left now too."

"I can't say I blame you," Angie said. "I was awfully tired of most of my pay going to the pub or the off-licence by way of Da. I wouldn't have cared about turning the money over, mind, if it had actually gone for food or rent or whatever. Pete's bedsit is more than a little crowded with both of us there, but now I can save my pay to put down a deposit on a proper flat or even a house."