Number Of The Beast

Dave spent all of Sunday with Tamar, to make up for his upcoming absence. He packed for his trip and boarded his plane with a huge smile on his face. That smile only got bigger as he landed in London, got through Customs, and loaded everything into a taxi for the ride to Shoreditch.

He let himself into his flat there and gave a quick listen to the messages on his answerphone. As Ade had mentioned when talking about his messages, they were nearly all political campaign messages or sales pitches for replacement windows and the like. The lone exception was from his mum, telling him about Robbie's birth and immediately adding that she was foolish trying to reach him at the flat when she knew perfectly well that he was on tour. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit at that one.

He called the rehab facility, knowing that someone was always on duty in case of emergency, and left a message for Tamar that he'd arrived in London safely. Then he dialed Ade's number.

"I'm at my flat," he said as soon as Ade picked up. "Meet at the old place?"

"Soon as I can get there," Ade said, a smile audible in his voice. "Love you."

"Love you too," Dave said. He hung up and grabbed the duffel with a single change of clothes he always kept there and headed right out the door.

Five minutes later, he let himself into their old flat, smiling at the sight of the derelict old sofa, the battered table and chairs, and a single, forlorn-looking bag of crisps sitting on the counter in the little kitchenette, apparently the only food in the place. He heard a key scrape in the lock and hurried into the sitting room to see Ade entering with a duffel of his own. His lover dropped the bag and flipped the lock behind himself and a heartbeat later, they were in each other's arms, kissing hungrily.

"Oh, it's so good to see you!" Ade mumbled between kisses.

"I know, I've missed you so much," Dave agreed.

"Same," Ade said, tugging Dave towards the bedroom. "I was about to have lunch when you called, but I'd rather see you."

"We ought to figure out what we're gonna do for food, though," Dave said, trying to be practical even as Ade tugged his t-shirt over his head. "There's nothing left in here."

"Yeah," Ade said agreeably, losing interest in the conversation in favor of ridding Dave and himself of the rest of their clothes and pulling him down onto the bed.

Dave purred softly, shifting a bit to lie more comfortably on his partner as he gently cradled his face in warm hands.

Ade's hand sank into Dave's silky blond hair, gently cradling the back of his head while his other hand trailed along Dave's back.

Dave shivered lightly, smiling as he broke their kiss only enough to whisper against Ade's lips, "I thought you were hungry?"

"Not so much for food just now," Ade whispered back with a smile, pressing his hips up against Dave's.

Dave replied with a soft moan as he tightened his hands in Ade's dark hair and kissed him again.

Ade melted into that kiss, wrapping arms and legs around Dave to pull him closer still.

Dave gave a delighted little purr, letting himself sink into his lover's enthusiastic embrace.

Ade purred as well, one hand massaging Dave's scalp while the other traced his back from his shoulder to the firm curve of his buttocks.

Dave quickly turned into putty in his lover's hands, shivering gently. "You got the best hands..." he whispered.

Ade smiled softly, flicking his tongue lightly along Dave's neck as his hand teased whispersoft over his partner's tight entrance.