vi.

TOE BEANS, page seventeen 

 "cats = babies"

"Where is Toru?" Maki questioned, eyebrows raising when she didn't see a certain ball of fluff who was previously at the counter moments ago.

"He went outside," Yuta answered nonchalantly.

"Aw~ I was just planning to play with him," Mai sighed. In her hands, there's a cat toy fishing pole.

"What?! Why did you let him? He's going to get kidnapped and [First Name]'s going to kill us!" Maki yelled, clearly in panic.

"Calm down. [First Name] said that it's fine to let him wander outside, he has a tracker and a camera attached to his collar and besides, you can see him outside. Look." Yuta pointed outside.

Maki went and tried to look for Toru through the glass walls.

Just across from the shop, there stood a daycare. Kids can be seen playing outside with the teachers or staff watching and playing with them and a familiar fluffball can also be seen with two adorable toddlers. One of them being Maki's cousin.

"See? There's nothing to worry about at all. Let the cat befriend them, kids," Yuta shrugged his shoulder and continued his task.

"Don't worry, the kids won't bully Toru. He's way too adorable to get bullied." Miwa chimed in, holding a basket of lilacs.

Maki sighed for the umpteenth time, "It's not him I'm worried for, I'm concerned for the safety of the kids. Haven't it crossed your minds that he'll bully the kids instead?"

"Toru is a sweet boy! He'd never do that!" Yuta countered with the others quickly agreeing with him.

"Bitch, he broke one of our shelves. what are you defending him guys for?" Maki pointed at the corner, where the destruction that is yet to be cleaned, was placed. As if to prove a point. Sadly, her point didn't reach the others.

"He's just in a silly and goofy mood, okay?"