xiii.

THIRTEEN, page forty-four.

fact #21: I wrote Satoru's backstory in this fic months ago
before jjk chapter 237 even happened and they aligned.
I think I jinxed
someone's death guys. I'm sorry.

GOJO SATORU only has three wishes in this life.

One, to see you. Two, to be held by you again. and last but not least, it's to see everyone again.

The first two of his wishes were already fulfilled while the latter is about to come into fruition. That probably explains why Satoru felt his soul dying each day passing by.

Every single day, Satoru remembers the last binding vow he casted upon himself and every day he wished that he didn't.

It was enough to make Gojo Satoru beg the heavens each night to not make his last wish come true.

THIRTEEN, page forty-five.

fact #22: nine more chapters to go and I'm finally going to wrap
this story up. There are more than ten side stories though,
including a wild gojo smut because the gojo
obsession isn't stopping for me.

"Shoko! Your hair has grown longer than the last time we met!" You tackled the brunette onto the couch with your hugs and kisses.

Shoko just laughed at your antics and just wrapped her arms around your waist, kissing your cheeks.

"Ew! Practice common decency and find a room! Also, take off your shoes Shoko you disrespectful brat!" Suguru crunched his nose at the sight.

"Who are you calling a brat?! You're just jealous!" Shoko glared at Suguru. The two continued to banter back and forth at each other while you remained unphased as you snuggled up into Shoko.

"Meow?"

Silence fell in the room.

You spotted your cat strutting towards you.

"Uhm... is that supposed to be Toru? I didn't expect him to be that fat." Shoko bluntly commented which made you sigh and stand up to pick up your sulking cat (again).

"What can I do? I didn't expect him to get this chonky either, Suguru fed him well while I was away." You peppered Toru's face with kisses meanwhile Suguru sighed and walked away to cook breakfast, "Yeah, no shit."

You sat on the floor as you continued your assault on your cat as your cat would just playfully paw at you. You noticed that your cat was acting slower than usual.

"Your cat is majestic. Where did you fucking steal him?" Shoko crouched down beside you on the floor and attempted to pet the white furball but stopped midway, remembering that cats are cautious of new people.

Toru understood her hesitance and took the initiative, he butted his head on Shoko's still-reaching hand and purred.

"In the sidewalk. I was walking my way into my home but then I noticed him following me. I think he just adopted me."

"Ah, cat's distributing system at its finest." Shoko chuckled as she watched you play with your cat.

After the brunette's statement, the cat left your arms to walk towards Shoko who's just equally as confused as you. Toru strutted with pride and plopped down on Shoko's lap with his belly facing her, demanding tummy scratches.

"I think King Toru chose you to be one of his disciples. You better give him scratches now hehe~" You playfully cooed at her, smiling as she played with your cat.

"I'm going to help Suguru in the kitchen." You stood up and walked towards the direction of the kitchen but not without looking back at your best friend bonding with your cat.

It made a smile creep on your face, once again.

THIRTEEN, page forty-four.

fact #23: I was crying writing the ending and the side chapters.

"Woah! I've never seen a cat being this clingy towards strangers before. This is kind of weird." She stroked the cat as it continuously purred. His tail was tucked in after him with his ears slightly held back.

'I'm sorry Shoko.' Satoru mournfully looked at his old friend. 'I'm sorry for not seeing you sooner.'

Satoru felt bad for her for many reasons. Shoko was cast aside and neglected by their supposedly quadro circle of friends, Shoko had to experience the grief of losing all her friends, one by one including him, and being overworked to death.

Shoko... was there all along. Witnessing it all. He wondered what happened to her at the end of their past lives. He just felt... so bad.

"You're sad, I see." Shoko suddenly spoke with some spark in her eyes that Satoru couldn't quite understand. It was unsettling for him, he started getting anxious.

Thousands of words were running through his mind but Shoko's next words were not what he was expecting, "You're Gojo Satoru, aren't you?"

A U T H O R N O T E S

"Never let them know your next move." is my fave quote now.