I'm right here

Jamie gets too overwhelmed with press and freaks out. Luckily, Stella was there to save him.

Jamie's POV
I have been so stressed all day. Today was our first game of the season. Recently I have been feeling so stressed with hockey and anxious I may get hurt again.

It was after the game and there were so many reporters and paparazzi everywhere. Everything is so loud and bright. There are people everywhere. They try and talk to me but it's like they are muted. I can't hear them at all. No, this can't be happening now. I thought to myself. What did my therapist say? Breath. That's not too hard though, right?

Wrong. It's impossible. I manage to get Trevor's attention and he senses my panic. Immediately he pulls me away from the crowd of people and into the locker room. I am breathing more steady now, but I can feel the tears forming in my eyes as I sob softly. I can hear Trevor on the phone with someone telling them to meet us in the locker room. I don't know who it is though. The only person I want to see is Stella. Trevor too, but mainly Stella. She is Trevor's twin. She is also the only one who knows I struggle with anxiety. As soon as Trevor hangs up the phone, he comes back and helps me calm down. A minute later, I hear my name being called from outside the locker room as the door opens.

In comes Stella, a concerned look on her face as she makes her way over to me quickly with her arms wide open. I jump up from my seat and run to her, hugging her tightly. I instantly bury my face into the crook of her neck, feeling fresh tears forming. " oh baby" she mutters softly. I only cry more, sobbing harder.

Stella's POV

I was looking for the boys when I get a call from Trevor, my brother.  Maybe he can tell me where Jamie is. We have been dating for about 4 month now and I love him so much. He was acting weird today though. I hope his anxiety isn't getting yo him.

As soon as I pick up, I hear someone crying in the background and Trevor quickly says " it's Jamie. I don't know what's wrong but he is freaking out. Meet us in the locker room please and HURRY". My heart drops almost instantly. I practically run across the arena to get to the locker room.

" JAMIE" I call as I run into the locker room. I have my arms open, waiting to comfort him. He runs into my arms and starts sobbing into my neck. I hold him in my embrace. " oh baby". I mutter softly, heartbroken at the fact that my baby is in so much pain. Sobs rack his body as I just hold him. No one says anything for awhile as Jamie slowly calms down. I pull away from the hug, cupping Jamie's face with my hands. " I'm right here baby, I've got you. Your okay, Just breath. I'm here now" I comfort him. I sit down on the bench, Jamie moving to sit on my lap.

I don't even try to fight it, knowing his body is probably beyond tired, especially after the game he just played. Instead, I just hold him tightly, never wanting to let go. He buried his head into my neck again and mumbled something so quietly I almost didn't even hear him. " what did you say bub?" I asked him, wanting to help him any way I could. He lifted his head slightly and sniffled before saying " I'm sorry I'm such a baby" he quietly stated.

My heart shattered. " Jam, you are not a baby. You have emotions and anxiety, and that's okay" I responded. " you have nothing to be sorry  about. I would rather you cry yo me and I can help you than you go through this by yourself" I soothed. I gave him a soft smile and a kiss on the forehead before Trevor walked back in, grabbing Jamie's stuff for him while I held his hand as we walked back to the car. Although I'm not sure when Trevor left, I'm glad he gave me and Jamie some space while Jamie was feeling so vulnerable.

The rest of the night was spent watching Disney movies and cuddling on the couch.