Seperation anxiety

Jamie Drysdale x reader

It's not easy dating in the public eye, especially with media presence 24/7. However, Jamie has been an amazing boyfriend especially taking good care of Pressley's separation anxiety.

Pressley's POV

I take a deep breath before my car door is opened. Jamie, my boyfriend is standing blocking the cameras from seeing me too much. I have on a black hat and sunglasses with my hoodie up. Jamie's hand meets to hold mine, him pulling me in close. I put a hand up to shield myself from the camera lights.

We finally make it into the arena, me letting out a sigh of relief. It's hard with cameras and paparazzi always trying to get in mine and Jamie's business. The public knows me and Jamie are both dating people, we just haven't confirmed anything else about our relationship. That is partly due to my management team.

I have always had bad anxiety issues, me also having lots of separation anxiety, which leads us to where we are now. Me and Jamie walking hand in hand, my head leaning on his shoulder. I head into the locker room with him. Normally it is only players allowed, but I got permission from the teams coach. Due to my anxiety, I often have panic attacks. My managers and Jamie's figured it would be best if I could stay with him a majority of the time leading up to the game. Then, I go to the wag section and sit with them. I feel ok around them, but prefer Jamie. The only time I willingly leave him is when I'm recording music.

I sat next to Jamie, talking with him and Trevor whilst they get ready. Sadly though, I eventually have to go to my seats. I go sit up with the wags, feeling fine. I just wish I could be with Jamie. The ducks won their game against the devils, 8-5. I waited outside the locker room for Jamie and Trevor to come out. We planned that me, Jamie, Mason, Trevor, and Trevor's friend Jack and jacks teammate nico would all go out for dinner.

As soon as Jamie made it out of the locker room, he engulfed me in a big hug. I buried my face in his neck, inhaling his comforting scent. "Hi Press" he mumbles, stroking my hair softly. I sighed in content, him moving to pick me up.

He lifted me up, my legs moving to hook around his waist. My arms went around his shoulders, his hands going under my thighs to support me. He leaned down slightly, kissing me softly. We pulled away, me moving to rest my head on his shoulder. His hair was still wet from his shower, and I felt some droplets trickling down his neck. "You played so good baby" I told him, him finally setting me down. "Thanks love" Jamie spoke, placing a soft kiss on my head before he linked our hands.

Everyone else had joined us, everyone dressed for dinner. We all went to the cars. Me, Jamie, and Nico were in Jamie's car and Trevor, Mason, and Jack were in Trevor's car. Jamie was in the driver, me in the passenger, and Nico was sat behind Jamie. Jamie had his hand resting on my thigh, his thumb softly rubbing against my leggings. I was on aux, playing some soft music. Me and Nico had met before, so we were catching up a little.

We had been roomies when I was living with Jack for a little while, so he knew about my anxiety. He was super happy for me and Jamie, which was great. When we got to the restaurant, it was so crowded. I put my hood and hat on again, holding Jamie's hand, Nico being on my other side to help hide me. I was so overwhelmed when Jamie got separated from me due to paparazzi's. I freaked out, seeing Nico was still next to me. He sensed my panic, and immediately grabbed my hand, holding it until we found Jamie again. I practically launched myself into him, Jamie thanking Nico for keeping me safe. "It's no problem man, I love her like she is my little sis, I just want her to be ok".