Stay

When Trevor's friend Jack has his little sister stay with Trevor and Jamie, what happens when Amelia has a really bad nightmare in the middle of the night?

Amelia's POV

Recently, I have been living in Anaheim with Trevor and his teammate Jamie. I am so thankful they are letting me stay with them. I just couldn't handle being in Michigan anymore. Between everything that happened, I keep having these nightmares.

Right now, Trevor is away for the weekend to see his family before the season starts. It kinda sucks though because I would normally sleep in his bed and stop the nightmare. I thought about asking Jamie, but I don't know him that well and he might think I'm weird.

I just woke up from a nightmare. I feel sick. I woke up screaming in a cold sweat. Terrified by my nightmare. I hear the door open slightly, and I look up to see Jamie in my doorway, frowning when he sees me. " what happed? Are you ok?". I just broke. I started crying harder, sobbing now. Tears streamed down my face. I was breathing so hard I started to hiccup.

Jamie's POV

My heart broke at the sight in front of me. Lia was sobbing, and hyperventilating. I cautiously walked over to her and sat on her bed. I pulled her closer to me, hugging her into my chest. She immediately hugged me back, grasping onto me like her life depended on me. She moved to sit on my lap. She burried  her head into my neck, her breathing started to slow. Trevor had told me a little about her nightmares. I could tell this one was really bad.

We stayed like that for about 20 minutes until she had completely calmed down. She was now laying down, almost asleep. I go to get up, when she grabs me again and says " can you stay the night?" She asked, sounding scared. " of course sweetie" I replied softly. With that, we fell asleep cuddled up

For the next few nights, it was our routine that around 10, she would come and join me in my bed. We would cuddle, watch's movie or a show, then fall asleep.

Trevor's POV

I just got back from visiting family. It is super late. Usually, this is the time in which Amelia would wake up with a nightmare. I check her room first, don't see her, then I check my room and she is not there either. I know she is home because her car is here. I can only think of one more place, Jamie's room.

But she wouldn't be there, would she? I walk to his room to check anyways. I know on the door. With earning no response, I carefully open the door.

The sight melts my heart. Her and Jamie are all cuddled up, her arms around his neck, his around her torso. Her head was buried in his chest, his chin resting on top of her head. I took a picture of them then went to sleep.

*time skip to the morning*

No one's POV

Jamie woke up first, smiling down at the girl. He texted Trevor to see if he was awake. When Trevor said he was, Jamie was trying to get out of the small girls grip. She may be small, but man is she strong.

He eventually managed to slip out of the girls arms, replacing himself with a pillow.

Jamie's POV

I went into the living room to talk with Trevor about his trip. We were just kinda catching up on life, as we hadn't really spent much time together recently. Then Trevor mentioned something unexpected. " you and Lia looked cozy last night" he teased, grinning like crazy. At first, I was confused, until I realized he saw us sleeping together. " you saw us?" I asked him. " yea, I was looking for her last night to check on her, and saw you guys. Don't worry, I'm not mad. I'm actually really happy that she trusts you enough to sleep with you. She didn't really trust many people like that. Just please, be gentle with her" he rambled.

" I won't ever hurt her, I think I love her" I whispered the last part, hoping eh wouldn't catch it. " you love her?" He questioned. " yea, I do. I really do." He smiled and we talked a little longer before I heard my name being called.

" Jamie? Jamie? JAMIE, where are you?" Then she walked into the living room. She looked so cute. She had on some of my sweatpants and one if my ducks shirts. Her hair was in messy braids from sleeping. She walked over to me, clearly still tired, and she sat on my lap, hiding herself under my hoodie and groaning loudly. Trevor and me exchanged looks before he said " well good morning to you too sunshine" we both laughed slightly. She stuck out her hand and flipped him off, all of us now laughing. I softly rubbed her back for a couple minutes, before she got up and grabbed a blanket. She walked back over and handed me the blanket, before sitting in my lap like a toddler. I wrapped the blanket around her and we all watched some Netflix. It was like we were all a family.

It's crazy what one nightmare can do to two people.