~ a favor back ~

Hailey had gotten a sore throat on Thursday, but it had gotten worse on Friday and she couldn't make it to school.

"You sure you'll be okay?" Zander asked Hailey.
"Yes, Zan, i'll be fine, just go to school. It's the last day of the week."

"Okay, okay. Love you Hailey, see you later."

"Love you too." Hailey says blowing her nose momentarily after.

_~_~_~\~_~\~~_~_~~_~_~~_~_~_~_~~_~

In school

It was about 5-10 minutes before class, and Jake hadn't seen Hailey all morning. He knew she usually got here early, so he texted her to make sure everything was okay.

_~_~_~_~_|||_|_|_|_|_|_||_||_||_|

Hailey 💪😍

hey, where are you? you always get to school early.

...

sorry about that. i'm just sick today so i cant make it.😭

oh that sucks. class is going to start soon so i gtg . hope you feel better :)

_~~_~_~_~_~~__~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~_

After school

Both Hailey and Jakes parents were out on a parent teacher conference for Milo and Bethany, and Zander had gone out with Luke that day.

So it left Jake and Hailey both home alone. Jake had been a bit worried about Hailey though, he wanted to check up on her. He pulled his phone out and looked up on google, "How to make chicken noodle soup"
(jake can't cook for shit 💀)

He decided the best idea would to get the ingredients, bring them to Haileys house, and make it there. So he grabbed an old plastic bag, took all the ingredients, shoved them in the bag and was on his way to Haileys. (don't mind how stupid jake is) Luckily Haileys place wasn't that far from his, it was walking distance.

After about 10-ish minutes, he was at her doorstep, he rang the doorbell and was waiting for whoever was going to open the door. (oh and js so u know jake went to haileys completely uninvited so thats nice 👍🏻)

Hailey POV

I'm dying in my bed when I hear the doorbell ring. "Who's ringing on the doorbell?!"
I manage to somehow get out of bed, get downstairs and open the door. I open the door and see Jake on the other side of the door. What does he want?!

"Hey, I was kinda worried about you and wanted to check up on you- holy crap you look like you're dying."

"That's because I am dying." I reply with a sniff.

Jake POV

Im looking at Hailey and she looks terrible. She's wrapped in a blanket, she has heavy eye bags, her cheeks are completely pink, and she looks not only dying on the outside, but completely dead on the inside.

"Hailey you need to lie down! Come on, let me get you to your couch."
I let myself in and hold Hailey up because she looks like she's going to fall over. Also closing the door behind me.