~ new years ~

Happy 2024! of course since its new year, there must be a oneshot dedicated to the two cuties!!

The moon was high, and the sounds of chatter and loud bangs were heard from afar. People in the surrounding neighborhoods were setting off their own fireworks before the new year.

The music club was sitting on a checkered blanket, talking amongst one another. It was New Year's Eve, the time was 11:28 pm. In just about 30 minutes, the new year would arrive.

Jake, sitting next to Hailey, admired his best friend and crush with a small smile as Hailey rambled on about whatever was on her mind to Jake. Jake was glad that him and Hailey's status with one another was best friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Hailey had stopped rambling and looked up at her best friend and crush. Before she could say anything else, Jake had something to say.

"You look very pretty tonight." Jake says, still admiring Hailey.
Bright pink grows onto Hailey's cheeks as keeps her eyes on Jake. She remembered she convinced the club members to dress up, including her.

"Oh! U-Uh.. Thank you! You too.."
Hailey replies while rubbing her arm. Hailey's eyes widen when she realizes what she said. "You idiot! You just called him pretty!" Hailey says in her thoughts.

"O-Oh, wait.. Uhm.. I-I meant-"
Jake interrupts Hailey with a giggle.
"Thanks for the compliment, Princess.."
More blush covered Hailey's face as she angrily flushed, "Stop calling me that!" Gently hitting Jake's shoulder.

"Whoops. Sorry, Princess." Jake replies, the smile on his face growing bigger. Hailey's cheeks grew red, so she immediately whipped her head away from Jake to hide her face from him.

"GUYS!! The new year is in less than fifteen minutes!! Let's go to the cliff for the best view of the fireworks!" Milly says, standing up, pulling Sean up with her.

————————————-
10 minutes later

The field where the music club was at happened to be the biggest field in their town. The place always hosted some sort of event. There was a small event right next to where the music club was standing. An area for slow dancing. It was always popular near New Year, so it became an annual thing.

There was only 5 minutes until the fireworks indicating that the new year has started.

While Hailey was admiring the last few fireworks, Jake pulled her aside.
Hailey looked over, sighing in relief that it was just Jake.
Hailey then noticed that Jake had pulled her to.. The slow dance area?

"Jake? What are we doing here?"
Hailey looks at Jake with a puzzled expression.

Jake replies with his signature smirk, "May I have this dance?" Jake asks while holding his hand out. Hailey looked at Jake's hand, and back up at Jake. Smiling back, she started moving her hand towards his.

And as if it were planned, the moment Haileys hand touched Jake, the music started. Jake pulled her in close as they both started waltzing around the area.
Hailey was glad her father taught her how to dance, otherwise this moment would've been awkward.
After the minute of dancing, the song ended. Even though it was only a minute, for them, it felt like forever.

"What are Jake and Hailey doing over there.. Alone?" Zander eerily asks.
"Relax, Zander. Let them have their moment!" Milly says defending Jake and Hailey.

Just then the countdown started. Ten seconds before New Year's Day.
"OO!! Guys! Count with me!" Milly screams out.

"We better get going. We can't miss the fireworks." Hailey says to Jake.
"Then let's hurry!" Jake replies enthusiastically.
He then grabs Hailey's hand and starts running toward the club members.

They make it just in time as they countdown with their bandmates.

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1..!"

Hundreds of fireworks lighten the night sky.

Jake and Hailey look at each other with large smiles. Jake looks down at their hands, which were still intertwined from when Jake ran with Hailey.

Not minding it, they turn their bodies toward each other and intertwine their other hand's together.
After a few seconds of standing and staring. Hailey and Jake were yearning for the same thing as they gazed into each other's eyes.

"Sterling, i'm waiting for my kiss."

"Of course, Austin."

Jake then leaned over and closed the gap between their mouths. After what felt like forever, they separated. Jake giggled, while Hailey smiled lovingly. They continued to hold each other close, all while the fireworks kept lighting in the background.

 They continued to hold each other close, all while the fireworks kept lighting in the background

(i drew this just for this oneshot 😘)

- The end -

my fingers HURT. i drew that in less than 5 hours so dont mind that its shitty and rushed 🤗