~ rooftops ~

Hailey hadn't been herself all week. She knew the following Friday, she would have to be on stage for the first time since 7th grade.

Sure, she would have Jake by her side, but it still scared her; She wasn't sure if she was ready. It never left her mind.

Hailey's dad and step mom let Luke and Zander on a trip, they had asked Hailey, but she said no.

Jake had taken notice of this, so he decided he was going to ask after school.

Friday
3rd Person POV

Jake was at his house after school, he had just finished dinner and it was around 7:30 ish.

After Jake was upstairs in his room, pulled his phone out and opened Hailey's contact.

_~_~_~_~_~~_~_~~_~___~~_—_~_~_~~
                    Princess 👸
     (DM's between Hailey and Jake)

Jake- Hey Hailey, are you there?

...

Hailey- Yeah. What's up?

Jake- I couldnt help but notice that you haven't been yourself all week. Are you okay?

Hailey- I'm okay, no need to worry about me.

Jake- So you wouldn't mind if I came over right?

Hailey- I told you i'm fine.

Jake- I'm coming over.

__~_~_~~_~_~_~__~___~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Jake heading out into his living room
"I'm going over to a friends house" He told his parents and Milo who was with their parents.

"Probably his girlfriends house!" Milo screamed out
Jakes cheeks flushed red, momentarily  rolling his eyes "Yeah right." and immediately walks out the door.

__~~_~_~_~|_~_~~_~_~_~_~~_~_~__~~

Hailey POV

I stared at the last text Jake sent me.

Apparently he knew something was off about me and now he's on his way to my house.

At least it will only be us the the house. Luke and Zander were on a trip and my parents said they promised to take Bethany to the movies to see the new My Little Pony movie.

As i'm waiting I hear the doorbell ring, I drag myself off the couch and open the door.

3rd Person POV

Hailey opens the door for Jake, moving out of the way to let him in
"Do you want anything to eat?" Hailey asks trying to sound as enthusiastic as possible.

"No, I already ate." Hailey not bothered to reply starts to walk up the stairs into her room, Jake following.

When they entered Hailey's room, Jake asked her the question the whole reason he came.

"Hailey.. Are you okay? I know i've already asked but I can tell when something's up."

Hailey hesitated before speaking.
"I'm just nervous for the competition, and how well go on stage, as a group."

"We'll be great Hailey, I know we will. Just stay by my side and we got this." Jake trying to comfort her.
Hailey grinned and blushed to herself  at his kind words.

Hailey walked up to the window in her room, looking out to the stars.
"The stars are beautiful.." Hailey mumbled to herself

This reminded Jake of all the times he would take Milo out to the roof of his house, stargazing at night while their parents were sleeping.

Without telling Hailey, he walked in front of her, opening the window, letting the breeze hit their faces.

When the opening was large enough, Jake stepped a foot outside onto her roof.

Hailey quickly grabbed Jakes arm, "Jake! What are you doing?!"

"Just trust me princess, me and Milo do this all the time!" He stepped completely out sitting down.

He held his hand out for Hailey to grab. Hailey gently grabbed his hand, stepping one of her legs out, then the other. She looked up and was completely mesmerized.

She took her seat next to Jake as they look at the starts. after a minute or so Jake spoke up
"Hailey.. I know something else is wrong. You can tell me anything.."
He says looking at Hailey.

She looks back at him, thinking as tears come to her eyes. She hugs her knees and silently cry into them

"Hailey! What's wrong?!" Jake says putting his hand on her shoulder.
Hailey looks up so you can only see her eyes.
"I know I sound pathetic right now, but i'm just so scared.."

Jakes worried expression grew, "Of what, Hailey?"

"Of going on stage, after so long.. My stage fright is getting in the way of my confidence, and even if I have you by my side, I still get second thoughts."

Jake holds his arms out, asking for an embrace, Hailey immediately looks over and immediately accepts it, her nose snuggling into his chest.

"Hailey, you know better than to think your pathetic. Everyone has their second thoughts, even me." Jake rubbed her back in a circular motion to comfort her.

"What I do know is that if the worst happens, you'll be there for me. I'll always have someone to turn to."

Hailey looked up, beaming at Jake, her cheeks red.
She sat up a little but didn't get off of Jake, instead rested her head on his shoulder.

Jake did the same, resting his head on her head. He eventually points up
to the moon, "Look Hailey, it's a full moon!"

Hailey looks up and smiles feeling a lot better than before. Jake looks down at their hands and realizes how close they are.

Jake softly put his hand on hers, blushing in the process. Hailey looks down and blushes even more.

"Hey Hailey..? Can I tell you something?"

"Of course, what's up Jake?" She replies.
Jake squeezes Hailey's hand..

"I love you..."

~ The end ~

I ENJOYED WRITING THIS ONESHOT SO MUCHHHH

so i was writing sm else right and while i was typing..

as you can see, my keyboard has already gotten used to jake calling hailey princess

👁️   ❤️   ⌨️

cya laterrr!!! 😋