Chapter 4

BEYONCÉ POV

"Did you see Bey, she made a post about you?" Trinity says holding her phone out to me

"Tuh, I don't know why"
"Because she likes you stupid!" She says leaving off the couch walking away as a chuckle

"Let's be forreal, she saying that now but when she does meet me, will she like what she sees...and we all know the answer to that. No. It's always like this with every girl"

"B-But she might be different" she still pleas

"So can I give her your insta?"
Taking a deep breath I say sure, while rolling my eyes knowing the end result.

Every girl loves and adores me until we go outside. Yes I'm short... very short and girls always say they wish I was taller. Or that I check everything off their list but the height.... and height seems to be the determining factor. With. Every. Female.

So I just told prepped myself for ending old and alone and I'm okay with that...well I'mma have to be.

LATER THAT DAY

I head into the high school ready to teach my night school students. With my different color chalk in hand, I'm ready to teach. Teaching I love. Helping others is what I do, it's my passion...my thing.

As I wait for them to all pile in not a lot just 10 of them; I get on my phone seeing that I got hundreds of notifications on Instagram. I take a deep breath knowing it's all from this Megan post.

.....and indeed it is. Girls after girls requesting to follow me. Some saying how cute I am, but then referencing to how short I am. Of- fucking course.

I see messages of girls asking where I'm from, if we can meet. Then I see miss Megan herself dm.

Hey, I'm sorry for blowing you up like that but I had to reach you somehow. I would love to meet up and hangout sometime.

I roll my eyes at it, knowing where it's going. She see dominance in me and just want me to slay the pussy for the night. That's it.

I exit out of it leaving it on seen. I just don't have time for the bull. And I'm glad I did cause my students start to come in laughing saying how I'm famous.

"Whatever y'all, I'm not famous. I only went to her concert, took a picture and now she saying that"

"But why? It gotta be a reason" one young girl Stephanie ask

"I know why.... she gave her that strap!" This guy Trey says

This dude been in my class for 2 years straight, nigga can't pass that damn GED for anything. To him I'm a friend now because we know each other for this long, knowing him it'll be longer.

"Okay anyways back to this equation" I say turning to face the board

"Um Ms. Knowles I have a question!" I hear and turn back around to see one of the older ones out of everyone with her hand up

Now that's Tracey, a hard working mother of 2 girls that's trying to show them an example of it's never to late. Now her, I think she's the only one that will pass the test that's in 3 months.

"Yes Tracey"
"I don't mean to get in your business...but my daughters been talking about it and kept reminding me how I need to tell you. Tell you that Megan ain't for you. Cause just yesterday she was seen out in I don't know where. But she was in a club hugged up on some rapper, a-"

"Oh shit yeah!! Pardi! That nigga is fire!" Another student named Marcus says cutting Tracey off getting all excited in the back

Now him, he might make it outta here. That's a big ass might. Dropped out of high school to support his mom, always saying he'll go back to school. But one year turned into four and now with a son of his own he wanna prove to himself and his son that he can atleast graduate with his diploma.

But this Nigga is straight up a clown. Stay acting a fucking fool, but he smart thought. Just need to stay in his damn books instead of hanging with Trey.

"Nah yeah I seen that shit too. She a hoe forreal Bey, so stay away from her" Trey adds

"Can we go back to the lesson" Amanda says in the front

I look at her a tired face, knowing her struggles I nod my head. Now Amanda, she doesn't need to be here. She has her diploma. But with taking care of her 2 grandkids that are in high school she's trying to learn everything she can to help the be great. And in her words, better than their mother. Who sadly chose drugs as her way of living. So Amanda is trying to make sure that her grandkids don't even see that route. So from time to time she sits in with us to learn some of the math her kids are learning.

"Yes. Yes we can"
Everyone rolls their eyes just wanting to be nosey.

"Alright who wants to answer this equation" I continue on even though I wonder why Megan even wants to be bothered with me when she's clearly busy with someone else

I make it home exhausted, it's 12 in the morning and I just want to sleep. But it seems that someone else had plans.

My phone rings and I see it's an Instagram video call from none other than the hot girl herself.

I go to let it ring but when I propped my phone on my drawer I accidentally swiped to answer.

"Shit" I mutter just as her face appears up
"Bad time?" She says giggling
"Ugh, nah you good.. what's up?"

"Mmhm well I didn't get an answer. Just a seen. You left me on read...and I don't know how to take that. Everyone always answers to me"

"Well clearly I'm not one of them. So" I say shrugging as she stares at me through the phone

"Why you so feisty?"
"Look I'm not for any games and it seems to me you are full of them. So before you even think you can play me like you do everyone else, I'mma nip this in the bud. It was nice meeting you but you don't have to hit my line ever again"

"Games? What the hell you talking about, games? No one is playing"
"So why you checking for me, when you clearly are busy with someone else"

"I'm not"
"You with Pardi"

She laughs....like hysterical as I watch on with a straight face.
"Oh you serious?! He's nobody"
"If he's nobody why was you hugged up on him"

"Why you acting like you care?"
"I don't"
"Don't seem like it to me...you worried about who I'm around and with"
"Yeah cause I'm not checking for someone that's not checking for me"

"Well I'm here, so clearly I am checking for you....why you giving me a hard time baby?"
"Cause I feel like you gonna hurt me"
"I won't"
"Every female says that, until they do"
"I'm not every female"

"Then tell me what makes you so different"

She bites her lip thinking, "I'm going to tell you something that you can't tell no one. Not even the people I be with know this"