Chapter 7

Jahmir
Today was Saturday, the day Amir would be coming over to my house for the first time. Currently I was in the grocery store trying to stack up on snacks and drinks for tonight. I haven't had the time to go to the store, after Lorenzo had gotten shot things were havoc at the trap.

There we're constantly visitors going in and out of Zo's hospital room at least that's what Sunny told me over the phone. Word traveled quickly.

Donnie contacted me asking me what I plan on doing? It seem like everyone turned to me as their leader to ask what I plan on doing in relation to the mob? I say this questioningly because for some reason doubt waves past me asking me if I was sure Gorilla mob were the ones behind this?

At first in the hospital, and what Quez said about the car and the people inside of it weighed upon me it all pointed signs towards them, but why is it that I felt as though it was more to it?

Water hits my face, and I didn't even have to look for the source of this crime, looking down at the smiling girl in the basket. She held a water gun no bigger than the ones you'd see at Dollar tree.

She sprays me again as I'm picking up some marshmallows. "Why are you shooting me Soul?" I question her motives and she laughs before telling me.

"I don't know daddy. Bang!" She yells laughing as the water squirts from the gun once more, only this time I tilt my head to the side and it shoots past splashing a box of honey cheerios.

"Aww I missed," she pouts trying again but no water comes out. Realizing it's not any water left she crosses her arms looking annoyed. I smile down at her before flicking her bottom lip.

"Let's go check out," I tell her pushing the cart towards the self checkout station. While I'm there checking out the groceries laughter erupts as a couple of niggas with purple bandannas walk through the doors.

I look up from scanning my box of chips, eyeing them as they past by not giving me a single glance. My blood boils thinking back on Lorenzo, but I wasn't foolish enough to start shit, especially since I didn't have any back up plus my daughter.

I turn back to what I was doing, but for some reason I felt as though someone was watching me.

"Daddy that man is staring at you," my daughter tells me confirming my feeling. I look back to see one of the Mobs looking at me. We stare in each other eyes, he was dark skin like me, with dreads like mine. Only difference mine was bleached at the ends his weren't. I glare at him unconsciously before adverting my eyes.

I finish up my groceries before grabbing my bags and my daughter, walking out of the store.  I walk towards my car, couldn't help but feeling as though that nigga back there wanted to say something to me.

Getting into my car, I pull out my phone, going into my call logs. Clicking on Amir it rings a few times before going to voicemail. I end the call trying again as I back up out the parking space, before driving off. 

The same thing happens the second time his phone goes to voicemail. My eyebrows knit together in confusion, why wasn't he answering? 

As I stop at the red light, calling him for the third time the same thing happens .

"Amir  you still coming over? Give me a call when you get the chance."

I leave him a voice message before hanging up.

"Mir Mir is coming over?!" Soul says excitedly bouncing up and down in her car seat. I smile a little, "Why do you have such a strong attachment to him?"  I press my foot on the break as we pass by a crowded street.