Chapter 11

Jahmir
"That nigga August can't never let a nigga be great," I slam my drawer closed, hearing Quez laugh at me. "What you and that nigga got into it about now?" He asks me, and I smack my lips.

"I ask his ass to be over the next drop, since he always saying he sees potential in me, like the nigga butters me up just to tell me I'm not ready!"

I spaz out my feelings to Quez while searching for the joint paper. 

"Damn that's crazy because he gave Shaq a role in leading the next drop," Quez tells me and I slam my draw shut.

"Nigga what?" Don't get me wrong I was happy that Shaq was getting recognition, but I did a lot for the gang to. I think I deserved to be head of the next drop.

"I ain't tell you that to get you all hot and bothered, even Shaq tried to pin the position on you, but August didn't allow it," Quez tells me as though that's supposed to make me feel better.

"Besides maybe August just don't feel like you're ready you know he has high standards for you maybe you not reaching them yet?" Quez pin points sitting up giving me a deadpan face.

"At this point and rate he need to stop setting them cause it's clear that I'll never reach em no matter what I do," I tell Quez letting out a sigh of frustration.

Quez gives me a reassuring face, "Well my nigga I know you're good at what you do even if that nigga August can't see it. Hell you might be a better leader than him one day." He tells me and that calms me a bit. Though I wasn't to sure about the running the gang part. That was kind of reaching it.

I push his ass playfully as he falls back on my bed laughing. I grabbed the weed and a pack of cigars, throwing them onto the bed along with a lighter. 

Quez sits up grabbing the cigars and an ashtray off the dresser on the of side my bed.  "Make sure you roll that bitch tight, yo ass suck at rolling, and the shit be falling out," I tell him sitting in one of my bean bag chairs. He sends me a glare, "Shut cho ass up." 

I laugh a bit, taking my mind off the argument with August. The smell of dope hits my nose, as I look over seeing Quez smoking.

"Pass me the blunt," I tell him as he exhales the smoke in a big cloud. He reaches his hand out at me and I take the blunt. I place the blunt between my lips inhaling slowly letting the smoke feel up my lungs and exit my nose. I remove the blunt from lips, parting them slightly to play with access smoke in my mouth. I blow out perfect rings.

"How the hell you do that?" Quez asks as I stop creating circles releasing the rest of the smoke. I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know it's just a trick." Quez shakes his head, "Arsistic Ass nigga!"

I frown up my face, "What the hell is a Arsistic?" I question him and he smacks his lips, "Fuck out of here with that you know exactly what I'm trying to say!"  He gets heated as I pass the blunt back to him.

"I don't know anymore you and Shaq seem to have y'all own dictionary. Y'all be speaking in tongues sometimes," I tell him laughing a bit as he gives me hard stare, on my bed in a horizontal direction. He blows the smoke out of his mouth.

"Whatever my nigga, not all of us can be book smart like you and yo princess Diana,"  Quez  lets me know not hiding the annoyance in his voice.