Chapter 17

Shaq

Beep! Where am I? " Doctor White, should we inject him with more of the Propofol?" "Yes, a 4mg shot." Who's talking? I can't move, everything hurts, and my body is stiff! I could hear people shuffling around, as I struggled to open my eyes.

"Doctor White!" I hear someone scream out. "He's waking up, Doctor!" My eyes slowly open as I stare at the bright light above. A woman kneels over me dimming the light source.

"W- a I?" I struggle to speak. "You're in St Elizabeth Hospital, can you recall what happened before you were brought here?" 

I shook my head no since talking was painful.

"If not it's okay, the Doctor will be in here to explain the situation more clearly," The nurse tells me as she injects the liquid into the IV. Instantly my body feels weird, as I try to turn my head.

"Q- I rasp out noticing Quez in the bed beside me. 

"Watch Out!"  A sharp recount of Quez's voice followed by a pain shot through my head. The powerful force of the explosion, the sight of my house being blown up in front of me, and Slim was he okay?

I lost hold of him as a result of the blast, and I wonder if he's okay. The last thing I could remember was the painful feeling in my lower right leg.

I stared at Quez my eyes narrowing, onto the bandages that covered his arms. Not only that he had an o2 tank that laid rest by his bed.

"How are you feeling son?" My eyeing is cut short as I turn my attention to the white man who stands in front of my bed. A clipboard was in his hand as he took a look at the EKG machine and my vital chart.

"What happened?" I finally managed to muster enough of my voice to ask trying to figure out more than what I already knew. "You were the victim of a lethal bomb, that was planted in your own home, you, DayQuez Sholls, and Slim Young. Investigators are investigating the case of the explosion as we speak, but the result of that explosion is the injury to your right leg specifically your torn ligaments, and a thigh bone fracture to your knee."  

"The other two?" I asked him to process what he said. "I normally cannot go into too many details on a patient's health, but since this situation involved all three of you. I can let you know that Dayquez Sholls suffered severe smoke inhalation, on top of an already chronic pulmonary illness he had been diagnosed with."

My heart drops, "So what does that mean?" I question the Doctor turning my head to look at Quez. "It means that his intake of oxygen has been depleted by 20%, and since the healthy intake is 95%, this is extremely dangerous. And with scarring on the lungs, it can lead to lung failure and eventually be fatal."

My breath hitches as I swallow back hard. "We will do our best to try and work around the scarred areas to build his oxygen levels to 85%, and after that, we will prescribe oxygen supplements, it's no guarantee if he's ever going to be back at the healthy intake. However, we will do our best."

The doctor tells me giving me a moment to intake all of what he just said. "What about Slim, we found him unconscious in the bathroom, and he seemed to be drugged up," I ask as the Doctor and the nurse raise the bed putting it in Semi Flowers. I muster a bit of my strength to pull myself up leaning back against the bed.

"That young man was heavily drugged, investigators noted it to be attempted suicide. It took us a total of twelve hours to pump the drugs out of his system." Attempted suicide? I questioned myself, of course on first thought that's how it may appear, but that's not what happened. He was attacked, assaulted, and then drugged.