17.5

my singing monster - water island werdo

You woke up with a slight groan as you held your head, a throbbing sensation in your temple as you gently rubbed it which didn't really do anything.

You sat in that position for a while before getting up and going to the bathroom to look for some medicine to help with the pain. Letting out a yawn as you did so.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, your once neutral look turned frown at your swollen eye. You leaned into the mirror to get a better look, letting your fingers touch around your eye that was slightly colored, it hurt but you could deal with the pain or at least you'll pretend around Atlas, you don't want him to worry about trivial things.

Maybe you could put on some make-up to hide the black eye and wear a face mask to cover the cut on your lips. It's more common to have a face mask than to have sunglasses- in your opinion-, unless you're that kid from the music department that almost fought Zack.

You let out a sigh looking through the cabinet for ibuprofen or anything that helps with headaches, you didn't just have make-up laying around, and even if you did the most it would probably be eyeliner and lip gloss and you were pretty sure eyeliner doesn't hide black eyes, you never really got into make-up when you were younger. More interested in clothing and all the ways you could make a new outfit out if the simplest things. Of course you never really talked about your interest in fashion or any interest you had.

You had no one to really listen to you, and taking care of your siblings kinda pushed back the whole make friends which led to bullies who made  a lot of days hell.

You looked around the bathroom, before grabbing your toothbrush and doing your morning routine, looked like you had to go to the store today. A beauty store and a grocery store, maybe you'll go to the beauty store first then the grocery store with Atlas so he can pick out things he liked.

You walked the streets, sunglasses on and a face mask that was plain/had a design. You could feel the eyes on you and you couldn't tell because you looked like an idiot or not. You hope you didn't.  It was still early in the morning so the streets weren't that crowded.

Atlas was still sleep and you didn't want to wake him so you left a note telling him where you were going and hoped that he saw it.

You picked up speed when you saw your destination, before realizing you had no clue on how to use make-up, you shook you head walking onto the store. YouTube well be your best friend today.

"hello! Welcome to Olive Love, where all your dreams come true!", A woman greeted giving an overly top smile, you gave a nod in acknowledgement.

As you walked away from here, phone in hand as you looked through YouTube videos about how to hide black eyes, there were a couple of videos on how to get rid of black eyes but you felt a little hesitant to trust those videos, mainly because theirs didn't look as bad as yours. But you did save them, just in case this make-up stuff didn't work.

The women who's videos you were looking through was very direct about what you needed, and to be honest it was still a little confusing. How were you supposed to know what shade of color to get?

You understand you just had to look at your skin color and the tube bottle that held the same tone, but the women's skin tone and tube in the video looked different. But when the woman put it on it matched her skin tone. So that makes you wonder if it's all make-up
did that or did the brand she bought only did that.
.
.
.
God, you were starting to regret this.

You've been in the store for more than 15 minutes and each time the woman came by and asked if you needed anything, you would freeze up and wave her off telling her everything was fine, you didn't wanna rush and buy the stuff because you were a hundred percent sure you couldn't return make-up. And even if you could, would you?

You took on  a deep breath before grabbing two tones that looked like your skin tone, one slighty darker/lighter and one that looked exactly like your skin tone.

You've been here longer than you need to and you still need to go to the store with Atlas.

You unlocked your phone to look back at the video  to grab the other stuff the women in the video used before making your way to the cashier. She looked up from her phone, giving you a smile.

" hello! I hope you found everything you needed ", She chirped as you put your stuff on the counter.

" hello, and yes", You mumbled, grabbing your bag and getting leftover money you saved from the weeks when you didn't use it from your allowance. The women let out a sound of acknowledgement, as she told you your price.

You let out a small breath of relief, it didn't go over your mental budget.

You made it home.

You took of your shoes and head to your room, to see if Atlas was awake or not. You creaked open the door to see that he was still sleeping, so you left him be.

You made way to the restroom. Taking off your sunglasses and looking at your eye, good news was it wasn't swollen bad news it got slight darker which you hope wouldn't matter.

You took in a deep breath, counted to 10 second before letting it out. You grabbed your phone and looked at the YouTube vidoe and began to watch what the lady did before copying, less confident.