20

"Do you wanna go home?", You questioned your brother as you both walked around again, seeing everything you already saw. 

Atlas Shrugged. 

" I mean we can, if you are still feeling overwhelmed", He says looking at you, with concern. He was starting to feel like the older brother. You shook your head. 

"No I'm fine", You looked around and saw people moving around to see people talking. " Do you think, the people who are paying for dates were purely doing it for dates or actually doing it for charity?"

You were curious even though you knew it didn't matter the reason why people donated, as long as they were kind enough to do.

Atlas hums in thought. 

"I think since it's majority of...? uh", He looks around trying to find the right words that don't make him seem like a bad person/sexist to those around: overthinking.

"Since most of this is for the majority of teenage girls... I think it would be the date thing", He says looking at you.

You nod, deep in thought, you figured since only girls could donate during the auction. Made you wonder how many guys would have paid for their best friends/crushes. 

"So do you think the girl who bought, Daniel... is attracted to him?", You question curiously, you wouldn't be surprised since Daniel is attractive but you never would've believed he was 5,000 dollars. Not that you but prices on people, nor wore you every going to. 

"Maybe", Atlas says looking around.

"Why? Do you like him?", He says teasingly, hoping you didn't, he didn't wanna lose his sister -whom he had just reconnected after years of not seeing- to a guy who could be a man whore. 

"Huh?", You question under your breath, the question catching you off guard as you looked at Atlas who was already looking at you. You looked away, your gaze falling on those around you. 

"You don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable", Atlas says rushfully, not sure what to think of your reaction. you shook your head. 

"No no it's fine" " you mused, a grin on your lips as you looked back at him. 

"in a romantic sense? I'm pretty sure I don't", You murmured humming going into thought again.

You didn't quite understand romantic feelings seeing as your heart has always been on guard thanks to all the guys who played with your feelings; when they called you pretty only for it to be a joke or when they pretended to ask you out and then later say something cruel as their friends stand in the back laughing. It might seem silly to adults, but it was soul-crushing for a middle schooler. 

Atlas looked like he was gonna say something but he was cut off. 

"that concludes the j high school charity date auction!", The male speaker yells and you look around, you could hear Zoe screaming in the background about Daniel. 

"a little later is the highlight of the night! we hope you'll stick around to enjoy the performances!", He continues to yell and you look back at Atlas. 

"How long do you think later is?" he questions before you can speak. 

"Honestly? I'm not sure" " you answered softly as you looked around again, before feeling your stomach rumble.

"Wanna go eat and come back?", You asked.

" Sure, I can go eat", He says with a nod.  "hopefully we dont come back when its over"

✧ ₊˚ ₍⑅ᐢ..ᐢ₎ ˚✧ ゚.

You both walked out of the school, you leading the way since you knew where places were.