18

grime | genesis

You stared at yourself in the mirror, barely touching your eye as you traced over where the mark was at first.

Your black eye wasn't as presentable anymore, your eye was still slightly squinted but you could always hide it with your hair/glasses/hijab/beanie or plot convenience.

Your phone went off in front of you making you cringe at the unexpected sound and accidentally poking your eye. You let a slight hiss as you cursed under your breath, you held your hand to cover your eye as you picked up your phone.

You raised an eyebrow before answering.

"Hello? ", You questioned softly as you waited for the person on the other phone to speak.

" Your back! I mean Jiho was talking to Daniel and said he saw you!, and I don't mean to eavesdrop but I did!" Mira rambled fast, as she talked to you and honestly, you only picked up the important parts of the conversation, you were more worried about the pain in your eye. You felt like you might've gotten makeup in it.

"Hello Mira, and yes I'm back I got back late last night", you spoke hoping your voice didn't betray any nervousness/fear you might have felt. Did Jiho see your face? He couldn't have, right? You had your sunglasses on, did that make you suspicious? You would feel like it would be suspicious to see a teen with sunglasses on at night. Oh god, you felt a little panicky. You could hear Mira calling so you muted yourself and took a deep breath counting to 20 to get your thoughts in order. I didn't help much but it made you feel a little better.

" yn? ", Mira called with worry, her face confronting into a frown as she moved away from Zack and his trio, assuming it was because she was in a loud area, that she couldn't hear you. She wasn't sure why her first reaction was to call you, but it just felt right.

You took another deep breath before unmuting your phone.

" yes?", You say back, your voice is still a little quiet, Mira felt worried but she decided against asking about it right now.

"Are you going to come to the festival? do you think you could make it", Mira questioned with hope, she truly wanted to see you. It's been too long since she's talked to you face to face.

You honestly didn't know if you should go or not.

✧ ₊˚ ₍⑅ᐢ..ᐢ₎ ˚✧ ゚.

Atlas stood beside you as you looked at the J-high festival banner that hung above the school entrance. After a while of talking to Mira and her convincing you to go you decide to go.

Atlas didn't want you to go by yourself, saying that he didn't trust any of the students there, but you couldn't also help things that he just wanted to hang out with you. You walked around with your brother behind you looking for the fashion Department booth, Mira said it was somewhere near the back. She always told you that Zack had his own booth and it was interesting, to say the least; it was one where he would double someone's money if they were able to throw a punch and hit him.

" Yn!", You heard your name being called and saw Mira coming up to you, you waved as she came closer.

"Hello Mira", You greeted as she threw her arms around your neck in a hug, you felt your body tense at the unexpected gesture before relaxing and returning the hug. Mira is the one to break the hug, she looks at you with a big smile.

"It's great to see you!", She says smiling, her face turning a little pink. She just got really excited and her first instinct was to hug you forgetting all sorts of boundaries.

She couldn't apologize for her actions before she saw a boy looking at her. You both looked similar, but she didn't wanna just ask if he was a family member she didn't wanna seem like an idiot if she assumed wrong, it would be awkward.