🪷

It was midnight and cold breeze was blowing outside. Sameen was sleeping on the couch. It was a tiring day for her due to the household work.

Her eyes flew open when she heard loud banging on the door. She rushed towards the door and opened it hesitantly. Sameen knew what was coming because it happens every night. She was used to this but still it scares her.

Khalid walked inside the room and without sparing her a glance changed his clothes. Sameen sighed and laid on the couch. Room's light were off and khalid was sleeping on the bed. But Sameen was wide awake, sleep was far away from her. A lone tear escaped her eyes and disappeared in her hairs.

It's been 2 years since their marriage and like every other night she cursed herself for being alive and wishes to be with her family in heaven. After her parents death Sameen's mamujaan brought her home and sported her financially. It was all good until Khalid starts to misbehave with her and other family members become distant from her.

When she turned 23 her mamu pressurised her to marry Khalid. With no one to take her side she agreed. They always remind her that no one will ever marry her because of her dusky complexion. Khalid doesn't want to marry her either but mamujaan (Mr Khan) convinced him too. She knew that he likes modern and beautiful girls. She wanted to get free from this relationship and live a happy life with someone who loves her despite her flaws.

But allah is the best planner. Sameen is a religious person. She kept her faith in god after all the hardships.

After completing her morning prayer, Sameen prepared breakfast for everyone. She was serving breakfast when Rafiq (Khalid's best friend) intentionally touched her hand. Sameen quickly pulled her hand away. Rafiq was looking at her shamelessly.

She looked toward her husband but he was not looking. It hurted her even more that she can't tell anyone about this because no one will believe her.

Rafiq was a womaniser and Sameen always kept distance from him. She just wished that Khalid would be a better man than him.

"You two don't even talk to each other why don't you divorce her Khalid. Be free man" Rafiq spoke when uncle and aunt left the dining table.

"You know, it is my wish that will never come true" they kept talking about Sameen as if she was not present there. She lost her appetite and start collecting the dishes.

Khalid was using his phone when Sameen entered the room. He abruptly put his phone away "can't you behave properly. What was that nonsense you were doing downstairs. Rafiq is my best friend, stay away from him"

"So you observed everything and still you didn't see who was guilty. Clearly it was Rafiq who tried to touch me. Shame on you khal......"

Khalid moved closer and held from her shoulders. It was first time they were this close to each other. Sameen looked into his eyes with confidence. Seeing the truth in her eyes Khalid moved away.

"This is not over yet" saying that he left the room.

He knew that she was saying the truth but he was not ready to accept it.

"Where are you going" his father asked him.

"I was just going for a walk" Mr khan nodded his head and asked him to come to his study room.

"Control her Khalid. Be strict with her. It might be first time i told you about Rafiq and Sameen but i have seen them together many times. You are her husband but first you are my son and it is your responsibility to protect my reputation. Do you understand" Mr Khan said strictly.

Khalid just nodded his head. And Mr Khan smirked thinking about his plan.

*********