4. Interlude

(Y/n) Pov

On the way over, I wondered who Mt. Lady had talked to.

Whoever it was, they were looking for me. And they know each other, so odds are she's another hero.
Apparently I had been a good viewing distance away from her at some point in time...

(Y/n): 'I feel like I should know that... Also, what was up with me earlier?
It's still my first day here, in another world, and I'm cracking jokes?'

After a long walk which was actually short thanks to Mt. Lady, we both arrived at the police station.

There were some cops outside waiting to escort me in

There were some cops outside waiting to escort me in. She put me down, shrunk back to her original size, and walked ahead as I followed.

(Y/n): "Are you coming with me?"

Mt. Lady: "Yes, I'm coming with you. I need to bring you to those friends I mentioned in-person. Also... sorry."

Smiling sheepishly, she got behind me and turned my body towards her so the cops could put me in cuffs.

Cop: "Hold still."

(Y/n): "Wha- oh... Deception..."

Mt. Lady: *rolls eyes* "You'll live."

I've been in a police station once in my life, on a field trip, and going in I didn't think it'd be this busy and frantic.

This place was straight out of a buddy cop movie. But Japanese.

Most of the policemen were going over their papers, answering calls, and doing reports on normal things, which I assumed were crimes and acts of villainy that superheroes would be sent to deal with while the boys in blue did collateral.

Mt. Lady: "You guys know where I can find Nezu, right? I'm supposed to meet him with my suspect here."

Officer: "Yeah. Him and the other heroes right? (Room #), this way."

Mt. Lady: "Let's go."

(Y/n): "Uhuh."

As we headed down the hall, the officers pulled me away from Mt. Lady, to her surprise.

Mt. Lady: "Hey!"

Officer: "Ma'am, we'll ask that you wait with the Pros in the other room."

Mt. Lady: "... R-right. You'll be okay,
(Y/n). I'll be right in the other room."

(Y/n): "Alright, cool." 'And there's that 'Pros' thing again...'

...

(Y/n): "... Hey, am I getting food for my DNA or something?"

The rude cops who didn't answer my question eventually brought me to the interrogation room, where they sat me down and cuffed me to the table.

The only things in here were a projector facing the left wall, and two chairs on the other side of the table. To the right was the observation room, and Mt. Lady just walked in.