6. The One Who Arrived

A girl with a horn on her head, and scars everywhere else, was running through a long corridor as fast as her tired, bandaged legs could carry her

Her breath was failing her from the running and the crying. Red eyes puffy from tears that did little to help her see her way. Tears of suffering, dread, and of something else she couldn't name. Something she didn't know she was holding on to right now.

Eri: 'I can't... I can't... I can't find my way out. I never can...'

The girl was not scared... she was terrified.

Terrified of the room filled with knives that they use to take her blood. Of all her caretakers, the men who want to either trick her or hurt her more. Of how cold it always was.

Terrified of her father, Kai Chisaki.

But most of all, she was afraid of herself.

Her curse.

She wanted nothing more than to just... be away from it all. This place, these people, the identity that had been engraved into her mind.
But it could never be that simple.
He wouldn't allow it.

Eri: 'I can't find the way out...'

The girl ran to the end of the large hallway where a metal door was. She tried everything: prying it open, banging (since they already know where she is), doing anything with the door's controls.

She even yelled for help.

Eri: "S-somebody! Anybody! PLEASE!"

She tried everything until she had no more energy and fell to her knees. She looked into the crack of the door, hoping that it would magically open just for her.

???: "Eri."

But deep in her heart, she knew that she was only waiting for them to come get her again, and all she could do now was cry

After all, this is where she's supposed to be. Because that's what she is; she couldn't be anywhere else, not unless she wanted to hurt people.
Or unless she wanted him to.