22. School Days

U.A. Hallways

Izuku Pov

I wonder what today has in store for us.

The news of All Might being a teacher at U.A. was a shock for everyone in Japan. A crowd of determined reporters were waiting outside the school to learn what they could, which for us students was definitely an interesting start to our day.

Although, if the kids they tried to talk to were as awkward as I was, then they probably didn't get much.

Izuku: 'I wonder if they talked to
(Y/n)?... Wait a minute!'

I overheard a few other students say that the reporters also wanted to see if the vigilante Grey was enrolled here too.

Grey. A.K.A my best friend, (Y/n) (L/n).

I think he was given his name by the media because vigilantes tend to stand on the grey line of morality.
Being one means that you could either pursue the righteous path of a Hero... or stray towards the destructive path of Villainy.

As far as the public goes, he's a character unlike any seen before; a self-proclaimed, small-time aspiring hero on the younger side who's taken it upon himself to try and keep the low crime rates even lower, as well as help out people all across Japan however possible.

He's been doing this for as long as I began training to inherit One for All, and the fact that he's been seen at every corner of the nation is already incredible as it is. Witnesses to his actions have seen him do all kinds of weird but amazing things to stop accidents and villain attacks.
Of course I believe them, because I've seen what he's capable of.

But powers aside, we never really talk about what he's been through out there. I guess that's because we somehow always have more interesting things to talk about.

Izuku: "Hm..."

The only problem with all of that is that there's a serious lack of credibility outside of eyewitness reports, and he's nowhere close to being an official Hero, and he's also gotten into trouble a few times with the law as well as some prominent figures.

Some, like several prominent figures in the Hero community, have actually met him, or so I've heard. They believe he could one day turn the wrong way and become a serious threat.

That's what All Might told me at least, but he doesn't believe (Y/n) would do that, and I already know he wouldn't.

But that doesn't matter. We're here together, and as long as we both do our very best we'll become real Heroes in no time!

Izuku: 'And as long as he doesn't bring too much attention to himself, he should be fine...
*snickers* Actually, he might not even realize that he's kinda famous...'

It's a wonder that hardly anyone at this school talks about him or to him, especially the kids in our own class. Most of them seem really energetic and outgoing, but they may just be nervous when it comes to him specifically.

I mean, if I saw (Y/n) for the first time I'm pretty sure I'd be too nervous to even go near him.

*CLANG*

The sound of a heavy object hitting a glass pane super hard rang out from behind me, forcing me to turn around.

(Y/n) POV