15. Quirk Apprehension Test

U.A. Courtyard

Class 1-A: "What?! A Quirk assessment test?!"

(Y/n): "Ok how do you guys do that? Hello?"

Uraraka: "But what about orientation? We're gonna miss it!"

Aizawa: "If you really wanna
make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies. Here at UA, we aren't tethered to traditions. That means that I get to run my class however I see fit."

Class 1-A: *nervous gasp*

Aizawa: "You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives. But you've never used your Quirks in these exams.
The country tries to pretend we're created equal by not letting those with the most power excel, but we're not. It's not rational, so... Grey."

(Y/n): *scratching head* "Hm."

Aizawa: "You hold the new overall performance record in U.A.'s entrance exam. What was your farthest distance throw with a softball when you were in junior high?"

(Y/n): "So uh, yeah I never did that. I never- I never tested with a softball throw for P.E., like at all. I did the Fitness Gram a few times if that counts?"

Aizawa: "It likely doesn't. Bakugou, you're the runner-up."

Katsuki: "... 68 meters."

The teacher had Katsuki be the first to take the test with the twist of using his Quirk. The rest of the class watched in suspense as Bakugou stretched his arms, preparing to go all out from the middle of the throwing circle.

Aizawa: "Try doing it with your Quirk. Anything goes, just stay in the circle.
Go on, you're wasting our time."

(Y/n): dude like give him a second

Katsuki: "... All right man, you asked for it." 'I'll add a little heat to my pitch...' *deep breath* "DIIIEEE!!!"

Katsuki reeled the ball back and threw it with all his might, using his Quirk for all that it was currently worth, and sending the softball shockingly far with his explosion. It went farther than Izuku or anyone else expected, which made the former much more nervous for the upcoming tests.

Izuku: "Oh whoa..."

(Y/n): *leans over* "Hey man I know how you feel but don't freak out. However far he threw it I bet you're throwin' it farther."

Izuku: "Y-Yeah? As long as I pass I'll be okay, but I still can't help but be a little worried.
Heh, I just realized you're probably gonna get first place, so I can't imagine you being nervous at all."

(Y/n): "Really? Well, what if I am nervous? What if I'm really scared? Did you consider my feelings for one second? Wow ok I guess you didn't. Y'know what, how dare you."