14. And These Guys

Dagoba Beach

All Might was waiting patiently by the newly-cleaned coastline

All Might was waiting patiently by the newly-cleaned coastline. He told Midoriya and (Y/n) to meet him there after they both got their acceptance letters.

In the late of night, Izuku sprinted to the edge of the beach and spotted his mentor.

Izuku: *panting* "HEY ALL M- mph!"

Izuku was about to shout when (Y/n) came out of nowhere and covered his mouth.

Izuku: *muffled* "(Y/n)!"

The taller male released his hand and pointed to a boardwalk, revealing a couple that would've overheard and had All-Might's cover blown.

Izuku: *whisper* "Oh!"

Midoriya was about to continue but stopped and turned back to (Y/n).

(Y/n): "What?"

Flashback

Izuku's Room

All Might: "Even though you passed the written test, you got zero points in the practical exam. Sorry."

...

Izuku: 'I know that. Of course I know.
It's all I've thought about...

... I failed him...'

Midoriya had waited a week for the results. Sitting in his room, he was reminded that he scored zero combat points.

"Fortunately, there were other factors! But before we get to that, I have another surprise. Here! Look! Short clips for your viewing pleasure!"

Nice Girl: "Um, do you have a sec? Sorry to interrupt."

Izuku: 'It's that nice girl.'

*switch*

(Y/n): "Hello? Is this the U.A.?"

Izuku: "(Y/N)?!"

All Might: "They both showed up after the exam to talk about you, young man! What did they have to say? You'll have to stay tuned to find out!"