7. What It Takes To Be A Hero

(Y/n) Pov

_

After Eri passed out, I got us both out of the compound and to the empty area outside.

Conveniently enough, it didn't take that long for me to do what I came here to do, judging from how it still appeared to be midday. In fact, I bet I can still make it to the sludge man's second attack if I hurry.

But I don't want to leave Eri right now. And I really do have to get a place for the three of us, but I can't be everywhere at once.

Or can I?

Wait... Naruto! He's a Meme, and he can clone himself with his Shadow Juitsu technique! If I can do that, then I can definitely get more things done!

I looked at the horned girl, fast asleep in my arms, and maneuvered myself to still hold her while freeing up my hands.

(Y/n): *whisper* "Okay, let's see. I can do this, I got the know-how..."

Extend index and middle fingers on both hands, hold out right vertically.
Left hand horizontal, forming a cross. Focus... energy.

Then I quietly but quickly did all the steps in succession.

(Y/n): "Shadow Jutsu!"

Upon executing the technique two man-sized smoke clouds burst from the floor in front of me, and when they dissipated, two perfect clones of me came out of them.

((Y/n)) 1: *heavy gasp*

((Y/n)) 2: *looking around*

And before me stood two clones of myself, except they aren't really clones. They're- it's me!

This is freaky. I feel my consciousness extending from beyond my mind and body and into two new minds and bodies identical to my own. It's like I'm now in three places. I feel what they're feeling and know what they're thinking. They're me, and yet I'm in control.

So they aren't clones.

(Y/n): "... And between the three of us..."

((Y/n)) 1: "I would still-"

((Y/n)) 2: "-be talking to-"

(Y/n): "-myself."

Stated all three of 'myself's' in flawless succession, because it really is me!

All (Y/n)'s: *quiet giggling*

Definitely awesome. And good that these clones are essentially me, unlike Naruto's. Better than them being their own dudes who could possibly rebel against me.

Not that I'm someone anyone would rebel against, I'm pretty sure!

But whatever. As cool as this is I didn't clone myself for nothing!