Chapter 3

"I know you fellas are probably dead tired, but if you could show us a little of what you do so we can write the introductions?" said Rob.

"Certainly. And I s'pose the little fella would like to hear us?" said Fred.

"Oh, you bet! I've never heard your music before! Pick a good one" said Charles Wallace.

"I wanna do the romantic one. I Wanna Hold Your Breath" said Ernie.

"Golly! That sounds like I Wanna Hold Your Hand!" said Charles Wallace.

"We named it after that. But it's different because we can't commit plagiarism" said Ernie.

"I don't want to do a love song! I know! I want to eat me lunch" said Fred.

"That sounds like a funny song" said Charles Wallace.

"It's not a song, buddy. He's just hungry" said Rob. 

He turned back to the Redcoats and said "Now how about you do How the Time Goes By

"Very well" said Ernie.

The boys tuned their guitars and Fred did the count-in. 

"One, two, three, four."

The Redcoats played one of their songs just for Charles Wallace.

Each time I leave you, it's like a lifetime

Love is the reason why

But when I'm here to hold you

My how the time goes by

I don't remember what time the clock said

Don't even wanna try

You say it's past your bedtime

My how the time goes by

I know I'm gonna hate it leaving you

Where did the hours fly?

I really don't know what I'm gonna do

Oh my! Oh my! 

Kiss me again girl, kiss me and then girl

Kiss me a last goodbye

Wish I could stay forever

My how the time goes by 

I know I'm gonna hate it leaving you

Where did the hours fly?

I really don't know what I'm gonna do

Oh my! Oh my!

Kiss me again girl, kiss me and then girl

Kiss me a last goodbye

Wish I could stay forever

My how the time goes, my how the time goes

My how the time goes by 

Charles Wallace gave the boys a big round of applause when they finished.

"New word for the day: Bravo!" he said.

"Thank you, thank you, little fella. It was a song recorded by Chad and Jeremy. They're good friends of ours back in England. They're very close to us, you might say" said Fred casually.

Charles Wallace's jaw dropped as he'd heard a reference to his friends.

"No! Chad and Jeremy? I love those guys!" he said.

"You know them, eh?" said Fred.

"Heck yeah! My sister is married to Chad! And Jeremy is my roommate!" said Charles Wallace.

"So what you said was I look like your brother in law. In other words, I look like Chad?" said Ernie.

"You betcha. If you set foot in my apartment building, my sister would kiss you and your reaction would confuse her" said Charles Wallace.