Chapter 14

The three kids went across the hall where Dr Givenchy and Nurse Debra were testing Chad more. 

"Hey, Meg, how's it..." Sam began.

"Shh! They're testing Chad again" said Meg abruptly.

"What's going on?" Calvin whispered.

"She's been like this since last night" said Charles Wallace.

"But what's the deal? She's seen a rehab before" said Sam.

"I have no idea; it's kinda weird" said Charles Wallace.

"Well, if I were her, I would have done it myself rather than sit and bear it" said Calvin.

"That's what Jeremy said. Sure. Call a stranger to give you physical therapy when you yourself are a surgeon who's done it" said Charles Wallace.

"Guys! I hear you!" Meg snapped.

She turned back and saw the therapists working on Chad.

"Just hold on, Mr Stuart. We're just gonna get you on your feet..." said Dr Givenchy. 

Nurse Debra took Chad's hand and tried to help him up.

"Oww..." Chad whispered.

"Stop it!" Meg shouted.

"Mrs Stuart, if we stop, your husband will never recover" said Dr Givenchy.

"Just give him a break! He's obviously in pain!" said Meg.

"Meg, what's your deal? You've seen this before" said Sam. 

"You've done this before" said Calvin.

"I know, but this is not what I want right now! I can't take it!" Meg screamed.

"Dr Givenchy, maybe we should call it a night for now" said Chad.

"I was about to leave in disgust. You have a really irritating wife, Mr Stuart" said Dr Givenchy. 

She and Nurse Debra then left the apartment and slammed the door behind them.

"Well that was a disaster" said Calvin.

"Tell me about it. I've never seen Meg so upset" said Sam.

"You should have been around for when Veronica Kiley made fun of Charles Wallace" said Calvin. 

"Yeah. Meg butted her right in the face with a basketball" said Charles Wallace.

"Gawrsh! I'm pretty sure Veronica deserved it, but that's barbaric" said Sam.