Chapter 10

Across the street from the apartment building, in Wigglehouse, Sam Pan and Dick Grayson were watching the Wiggles use their recording equipment.

"And that's how it's done, son" said Sam when the guys finished their song.

"Bravo, Wiggles! That was great!" Dick cheered.

"Thanks, Dick" said Anthony.

"And now... I switch guitars for the next song" said Murray.

"Switch guitars?" said Dick.

"Yeah. When the Wiggles want a different sound in recordings, sometimes we need to switch guitars" said Greg.

"But what difference does it make? A guitar is a guitar" said Dick.

"There are boundaries" said Jeff.

"Jeff's right. The different guitars have different sounds. Some guitar brands make the sounds changeable. Right, Muzz?" said Sam.

"Right, Sam. Like this one, Dick. A Martin Acoustic D28" said Murray.

"Wow! And its sound is acoustic, right?" said Dick.

"Yeah, but it's vintage. The older the wood gets on acoustic guitars, the better they sound" said Sam.

"Holy improvement, Sam! You and Murray sure know a lot about guitars" said Dick.

"Well, I learned it all from Muzz" said Sam.

"And you left him for me?" said Dick.

"She didn't leave me, Dick; stop saying that. I gave her to you" said Murray.

"Gosh, Murray, yes. I do love this girl so" said Dick gripping Sam's hand.

"And now... I may need a newer guitar for this recording. All mine are vintage" said Murray.

"Why not ask the Beatles for one?" said Greg.

"No, they're busy with Paul's wedding" said Murray.

"Well, Jeremy's probably home. I'll go ask him for one" said Sam.

"Please do, Sam" said Jeff.

"Wanna come, Dickie?" said Sam.

"No, I think I'll stay and see more of this guitar stuff. This is sure some fun, Sam!" said Dick.

"Sure" said Sam kissing Dick on the cheek.

Then she left for the apartment building and knocked on Jeremy's door.

Jonathan answered the door. 

"Hey. Is... Jeremy around?" said Sam awkwardly. 

"Uh, no. I'm Jeremy's brother. Can I help you?" said Jonathan.

"Oh, hi, Jeremy's brother! I'm Sam. I'm Jeremy's friend" said Sam.

"Oh, hello! Come in, come in" said Jonathan.

"Thanks. I only came to see if I could borrow your brother's guitar. My boyfriend and I are helping another band across the street record and they need one" said Sam. 

"Certainly, ma'am. But would Jeremy be okay with it?" said Jonathan.

"If he gets back before we finish, just tell him I was here" said Sam.

"Of course" said Jonathan handing her Jeremy's guitar.

"Thanks" said Sam.

She was about to leave, but then she turned back and said "Oh! It was very nice to meet you."