Chapter 17

Calvin and Patty were at home. 

The Redcoats had gone back to New York with Charles Wallace so they could go on TV.

"So why were you so uppity last night, Cal?" said Patty.

"Because Meg has gone nuts. She's screaming at the physical therapist for helping her husband out of a wheelchair" Calvin explained.

"Cuckoo!" Patty uttered.

"I know. And we've also been thinking about the way things are going with the Beatles. Particularly John" said Calvin. 

"He and Charlibus seem to go way back" said Patty.

"The four of us go way back with all the lads. I don't know how John met this woman, but she's not good for our relationship" said Calvin.

"Calvin, the poor lady is probably just a replacement for John's old wife" said Patty.

"She's done more than that, Patty. I know what I've heard and I know what I've seen. Because of her, John isn't even paying attention to McCartney's wedding" said Calvin.

"What are you gonna do about it?" said Patty.

"I don't know. But I'm not liking the way things are right now. The first thing I'm gonna do to fix it is talk some sense into Meg about those therapists" said Calvin.

"Oh come on, Cal, you and Meg have been friends forever and you never needed to talk any sense into her" said Patty.

"That's why I'm not looking forward to doing it now" said Calvin.

"Calvin, this is not like you. At least try to talk to Meg" said Patty.

Calvin took a breath then said "You're right. It'd be kinda unfriendly of me to do something so harsh. As soon as evening sets in, I'll round up the guys and we'll have a meeting."

"That's better. And when it ends, tell me all about it. I'm not digging the way things are either" said Patty. 

"Sure thing, honey" said Calvin.

He kissed his wife's cheek before leaving.