Chapter 7

"Now, Charles, I s'pose you'll be wanting to get a good night's sleep too" said Chad.

"Uh, yeah, I think I better. Work's really been getting crazy" said Charles Wallace.

"How?" said Meg.

"Well, let's just say we're letting a Beatles rip-off onto the show and their girl fans are more over the top than the real Beatles" said Charles Wallace.

Chad laughed a little then said "My. Then you've earned a rest. Good night, lad."

"Good night, Chad. Night, Meg" said Charles Wallace. 

"Good night" said Meg as her brother left.

Then she wheeled Chad off to bed. 

"Meg, sweet? Could I ask you something?" said Chad.

"Hmm?" was all Meg responded with.

"Why were you giving my therapist a hard time?" said Chad.

"I dunno" said Meg.

"You seemed rather worried" said Chad.

"I kinda was. Didn't that hurt?" said Meg.

"Well, of course. But it's worth it for my mobility" said Chad.

"I guess it is. But you and Jeremy are doing the town tomorrow; are you gonna be back in time for those doctors?" said Meg.

"Never you mind about that. You know how punctual Jeremy is" said Chad.

Meg giggled a little then bent down to let Chad cup her face in his hands.

"Now would you smile for me, luv?" Chad whispered.

Meg gave her husband a tiny smile.

"There's that sweet face I know and love. I'll be okay, Meg. Keep telling yourself that. Eh?" said Chad.

"Chad... I never used to believe anything would be okay. But... coming from you... I don't know why, but it's almost entirely believable" said Meg.

Chad smiled softly then let go.

Meg carefully got him into bed, took off his glasses and kissed him goodnight. 

Then she did the same thing for herself, but had a hard time falling asleep. 

Chad's rehab was making her crazy, but she had no idea why. 

She'd never been this afraid of a rehab before. 

What was it that made this one so different?