Chapter 18

Dick had told his legal guardian, Millionaire Bruce Wayne that Paul was looking for a wedding venue. 

So while Jill was at work, Bruce and Dick took Paul to the best wedding venues in Gotham City.

The first one they went to was a gigantic catholic church on Pickford Street. 

"The best thing about this church is that it's right next to Mr Oceanbring's. You can get your hair done right before your wedding and not miss a second of it" said Dick.

"Sounds wonderful" said Paul.

"We believe this church would be marvelous for you and Jill" said Bruce.

"You really think Jill and I should get married in Gotham City?" said Paul.

"Why not? Your fiancee used to be married to our friend Chad Stuart" said Bruce.

"And he performed in Gotham City" said Dick.

"And it didn't end well" said Paul.

"Gosh, Paul, it's not all crime here. But at the same time, it really isn't all fun and games" said Dick.

"Precisely. But if there is a crime as you get married in Gotham City, you'll be in good hands" said Bruce.

"The hands of Batman and Robin, that is!" said Dick.

"I s'pose you're right. It's just John that's driving me mad. He's too busy with his woman to even think about my wedding" said Paul.

"Holy center stage" Dick sighed.

"I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with this situation" said Bruce.

"It's just that this girl Yoko has fevered John's thinking. His friend's getting married and he can only think about her" said Dick.

"I couldn't have said it better myself" said Paul.

"Don't think about it, Paul. Just be thankful both you and John have found women to hold onto" said Bruce. 

"I suppose so" said Paul.

"So how about it? You wanna get married in Gotham City?" said Dick. 

Paul took a minute to think on it.

"I wouldn't miss it" he decided.

"Splendid. I'll talk to the pastor about renting this church for the reception. I just need a date" said Bruce.

"Easter. In about a week" said Paul.

"Are you sure? Planning a wedding takes time" said Dick.

"I wanna marry this woman as soon as possible, Dick. And I'd like the date to be easter. Do you mind, Bruce?" said Paul.

"Of course not, Paul. This is your wedding" said Bruce.