Chapter 21

"Mrs Stuart, you have to get over this anxiety of yours or your husband will never get out of the wheelchair" said Dr Givenchy strictly.

Instead of answering, Meg let a slow tear fall down her face.

"Please don't, Meg, please" said Chad with a pained expression.

He looked at the others and said "Fellas, I have to get out of this wheelchair, but poor Meg is worried about me. And that makes it more painful. Isn't there anything you can do about it?"

Then Sam got an idea. One that was sure to help Chad get out of the chair in no time.

"Doctor? Your services are no longer required" said Sam.

"What? Of course they're required" said Dr Givenchy.

"Physical therapy is required, but your presence isn't. We will train Mr Stuart's leg" said Sam.

"You?" said Nurse Debra.

"Yes. We know him very well and we believe that his wife will feel more confident if it's done by someone she knows" said Sam.

"But you're not licensed" said Dr Givenchy.

"We're licensed as far as my sister's concerned" said Charles Wallace.

"We've never let Mr or Mrs Stuart down, so I'm sure they'll go with us" said Calvin.

"So be it. As long as I don't have to listen to her screaming anymore" said Dr Givenchy.

"Don't talk about her like that" said Chad. 

Dr Givenchy and Nurse Debra then left the apartment.

"Are you sure you guys wanna do this? You'll be causing him the pain now" said Meg.

"Meg, your husband needs rehab. Whether it hurts or not, we're gonna be the ones doing it" said Sam.

Meg looked at Chad with tears in her eyes. Jeremy came over and put his arm around her shoulder.

"Here, luv. Hold my hand. Let your mates help Chad and I'll be here if you get scared" he whispered.

Meg hesitated then looked at Jeremy's warm and trustworthy face.

"Okay" she said.