MY COSTAR GOES BEHIND MY BACK

Yao Shen is now fully convinced he's having a nightmare.

All that stupid talk about aphrodisiac blood and all the other nonsense put these kind of thoughts into his head.

He becomes aware of several things around him. When his fingers clench on the sofa he hears the soft clink of gold, as the rings on his fingers connected to chains around his wrist jingle with the movement.

When he looks down at his chest he sees a fine gold chain going down his sternum and then splitting into two beneath his chest, wrapping around his ribs. He lets out a drawn out gaps when Xin Hulei's lips move up his leg and feels the chain pull tight around his back.

His rapid breathing makes the fine muslin covering his nose and mouth flutter with each quickened exhalation.

Why is he dreaming he's dressed like this?

And where is he? What's up with all the silk and the cloying incense smell. Somewhere in the distance he thinks he can hear the lively sound of a pipa(1).

Xin Hulei's kisses reach the divot of his hip, his warm breath ghosting over Yao Shen's hot flesh.

"May I?" he asks, his gaze shining with barely suppressed desire, the edge of a sharp canine digging into his plush lower lips.

Yao Shen wants to take control of the dream and scream at him: "Why are you asking? Since when do you need permission? Just do what you're going to do anyway..."

"Take what you want," the him in the dream says, breathless and overcome. And yet, a perfect echo of Yao Shen's conscious thoughts.

That's all the permission Xin Hulei needs.

Yao Shen wakes up covered in sweat, with his heart beating frantically inside his chest, and his underwear feeling uncomfortably sticky.

He peels himself off the soggy sheets and makes his way to the bathroom, mentally preparing himself for a terrible day.

---

With that kind of feverish wake up call, Yao Shen is right to expect the rest of the day to go downhill.

The crew is getting everything ready to begin filming the inter-sect conference where promising young disciples from all the righteous immortal cultivation sects compete for the chance of winning a precious relic, cementing their own position in Jianghu(2) and bringing prestige to their own sect.

All of Yan Shuyi's disciples are taking part, and for most of the day Yao Shen will be filming several training segments with all of them.

Including a hand-to-hand combat training scene with Xin Hulei that is giving him hives just to think about.

Why couldn't they fight with swords instead? Frozen Peak is a sword cultivation sect, why is Yan Shuyi teaching hand-to-hand combat techniques?

To end up sprawled on Xie Huan's lap, that's why.

Fucking xianxia romance settings.

After this Yao Shen is going to make sure he gets cast in a police drama or something like that.

At lest he'll be filming with Ye Fang and Gao Wu for most of the morning.

Mei Shuang is understandably upset that Rong Zi and Xie Huan will be given such a huge honor after being Frozen Peak disciples for such a short period of time, and during the scene she'll air out her grievances to Yan Shuyi who will comfort her like the kindly shizun he is.

Yao Shen and Ye Fang work well together, and come to a seamless agreement concerning their character's motivations for the scene they're going to shoot.