MY COSTAR DISAPPEARS

The experience of being back in his apartment after everything that happened is surreal. Yao Shen feels as if days have passed since he was last here -- a combination of seeing his first life's memories with the exhaustion of all that happened in Youdu afterwards.

He pulls Xin Hulei by the hand and lets himself crumple on the sofa. He uses Xin Hulei's body as his own personal body pillow and throws his legs all over his lap.

Xin Hulei holds onto one of his bony ankles with an amused smile. "His Highness can't treat his subjects like this."

"His Majesty should shut up and just stand there looking pretty," Yao Shen says, giving him an amused look from his prone position.

"If I'm 'Majesty' and you're 'Highness' that means I outrank you," Xin Hulei says, nonchalant. His fingers tighten on Yao Shen's ankle feeling the smoothness of the skin over the sharp bone.

Yao Shen throws one arm over his eyes and lets out a long-suffering sigh.. "Sure, you outrank me, I'm still calling the shots."

Xin Hulei's fingers drift from up his ankle toward his calf, kneading the skin and dragging on the fine hairs of Yao Shen's leg. "As long as I get to call the shots in one specific area, I'll let you do as you like."

His roving hands' suggestive touch doesn't escape Yao Shen, who raises one foot playfully against his chin. "We'll see, maybe if you're a very good boy..."

Yao Shen's own words make him blush a little, conjuring up all kinds of scenarios. He clears his throat and changes the subject. "What are you going to do about the other demons now? The crowd that hangs around 'Heaven on Earth'?"

Xin Hulei frowns. "I suppose I should tell them. Liansi won't be happy that all of this happened behind her back."

"It's not like we had wifi in Youdu to send her a message," Yao Shen says. "She'll get over it."

Xin Hulei hums, more thoughtfully than the situation requires. "The question now is how to get everyone who might want to go to Youdu there. Leaving it is easy, the problem is finding an entrance."

He has a point. As far as they know there was one transportation talisman that Xin Hulei used up when trying to rescue him, and the doors Yao Shen can open, but which are tied to him -- and he has no interest in becoming the Underworld's doorman.

"We'll think of something," Yao Shen says, sitting up on the sofa, and pressing himself against Xin Hulei's side. "Now that Si Wang knows I'm not on his side there's nothing to hide anymore, maybe we could..." he trails off, while hooking his fingers on the collar of Xin Hulei's shirt.

Xin Hulei pulls Yao Shen's fingers away from his shirt, one corner of his lips pulling up. "I don't want to have him listen in while I make you fall apart."

Yao Shen sucks on a breath, and something flashes in Xin Hulei's dark human eyes, a slash of crimson that reminds Yao Shen of his demon appearance.

"Then, take me back to your place," Yao Shen says, looping his arms around Xin Hulei's neck.

Xin Hulei lowers his lips against Yao Shen's in a sweet, fleeting kiss. "I will, but first I need to talk with Tan Liansi. Heimao and Jincan too."

Yao Shen lets himself fall backwards with a groan. "I suppose I'll have to waste away here. Waiting for your return."

He gets a kiss on the forehead for his dramatics. "You do that. I'll be back soon."

The next moment Xin Hulei is gone, and Yao Shen is alone in his apartment with no idea of how to keep himself busy.